Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: embeed gallery in frame and hide navigation  (Read 5247 times)

theKitty

embeed gallery in frame and hide navigation
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:39:18 pm »

Hello guys!

I want to embeed my gallery in my homepage. You should click on the link and the gallery should open in another frame. Well, that's working. But the gallery is to wide. How can I change this? Is there any possiblity that the gallery fits exactly into the frame?

Furthermore I want to hide the navigation on the top, because the users should only see an individual album. Is there any way how I can do this?

And in addition to that I would like to call the several albums via the links of my navigation. How can I do this?

PS: I hope you are able to understand my confusing description.

PLEASE HELP ME!

lg
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:33:15 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: embeed gallery in frame and hide navigation
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:27:13 pm »

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up.
Using frames is a bad idea in the first place - review it.
Post a link to your gallery and a link to the frameset that wraps it, so we can take a look.

theKitty

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:24:14 pm »

I'm sorry! I did'nt rembember that!

Well, the domain is: http://www.sound-s-good.com/SoundsGood.html.
And if you want to see the special site: Please click on Pics/Gigs.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:42:31 pm »

Ouch - don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down, but your page looks exactly like those pages that made me hate frames back in the mid-nineties. You have made nearly all design mistakes one could possibly make (using non-default fonts improperly, using scrollers, using background images not fit to be used as backgrounds, a right handed navigation that doesn't fit. As suggested, I'm not trying to put you down, but with this design you have more serious things to wonder about than just some scrollbars for the frame coppermine resides in.

Fix your overall design first (stop using frames!), then create a coppermine theme that matches the layout of the rest of your site.

If you don't want to do so, at least choose another coppermine theme - eyeball is not a good choice to be used inside a tiny frame because of the graphical menu. Removing the menu entirely is technically possible (and has been explained already - search the board), however I don't recommend doing this. Moving coppermine's navigation into your navigation frame is a bad idea really: after all, coppermine generates menus dynamically. As your navigation frame is not aware of this, it will display static menu items.

Post a link to your gallery
You failed to do as I suggested, so I'm doing this for you: your gallery is located at http://www.sound-s-good.com/photouploader/cpg1412/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:32:59 pm »

Marking thread as "closed" - theKitty has asked to have her account removed in the thread "delete my account".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.