Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How bad is the file ly_php.rar  (Read 3485 times)

sforick

• Coppermine newbie
How bad is the file ly_php.rar
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:23:37 am »

I have a coppermine gallery that contains nudity, so I require my users to register in order to see the albums.
I just noticed that a user uploaded the file ly_php.rar
It's a very long php script and I dont know what it's doing or has done.

When I google it I get over 217 pages of hits.  They seem to be coppermine installations with this suspect file recently uploaded by a user (in some cases identified as castanag@gmail.com). The google links seem to allow the public to see files without registering.

I can supply the php text of this rar file if needed.

Is this a known problem of something normal that I'm just ignorant of????

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How bad is the file ly_php.rar
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:36:03 am »

Not bad at all (on your setup). The file can not do any harm. The original uploader tried to exploit a vulnerability in Apache that was not sanitized in previous versions of coppermine. The original file was named ly.php.rar (notice the dot), which would have posed a risk on some server setups. Coppermine now renames such files, so you're save. You can savely ignore the file or delete it. No harm done. Searching the board would have told you so, please search before posting in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.