Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: working but random thumbs show from gallerys and albums not specified  (Read 5069 times)

subwater

• Coppermine newbie

I'm using cpg 1412 and fetch 2.0.0.. the php code I'm using to display random thumbnail images on a web page is:

<?php
  include_once "./cpg1412/cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";
  $objCpm = new cpm("./cpg1412/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");
  $objCpm->cpm_viewRandomMediaFrom("cat=partners:album=tours",1, 5, $options);
  $objCpm->cpm_close();
?>

but random thumbnails also show from a gallery called "awards" with album named "2006awards".

Can anyone help me please?  I've spent a ton of time uploading and retrying (and a ton of time reading support).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:57:44 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: working but random thumbs show from gallerys and albums not specified
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:17 am »

Use numbers not names.

subwater

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:59:50 am »

name the category/albums using a numeral instead of using a regular name?  Or where or how is the category/album numbered and how do I access these numbers?  I did try using numbers by going by the order of gallerys/albums list.. 1st named category =1, 2nd category=2, but it is still not working.
I thought that might be the issue but I read everywhere and didn't see a reference to that other than in the example scripts and thought the numbers where just "for example".

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:02:49 pm »

Navigate to the albums and categories in your gallery and look at the address bar. You should see cat=x or album=x

subwater

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:15:03 am »

geez, I should have asked a long time ago.. mark this problem solved! ;D  I looked everywhere... except the address bar!
Thanks for your time and help Nibbler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.