Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot upload images anymore  (Read 2880 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Cannot upload images anymore
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:53:58 pm »

Ive been uploading images into my gallery successfully for a few weeks now (have been uploading to another gallery for months) but now I suddenly cannot. The host when down for a week but ever prior to that this problem started. Now that its back it still exist so maybe something on my configuration got changed??

I use CoffeeCup to upload the pictures and then why I go through the batch add, all the ones I have uploaded get the red x instead of the thumbnail. I went to the FAQ and have tried to do the albums/albums/userpics/edit directory thing but am unsuccessful and finding the edit part. When I get to my userpics file on the host I have no edit directory option and all the folder/files have the edit permissions option, but a) I dont know which file and b) when I click it the permissions are checkmark boxes with letters beside them, not numbers, so I have no idea how to change anything to 777.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Cannot upload images anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:09 pm »

Your host may change server configuration
Please do exactly as suggested under Upload troubleshooting doc , specially the red part

And 777 means that you should select all (9) boxes
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:15:09 am »

when I click it the permissions are checkmark boxes with letters beside them, not numbers, so I have no idea how to change anything to 777.
Did you read the permissions section of the docs? It explains in detail what different methods of applying permissions exist in various FTP apps or website control panels.

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:17:14 pm »

Thanks for your help. I read over the permissions and they are all checked, and I read the upload troubleshooting and tried it but it doesnt work. I still have most of the gallery files on my computer still, so Im going to just delte that gallery and create a new one. I tried a new gallery for something else last night and it works. So a new gallery will probably be the easiest solution :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:10:33 am »

and I read the upload troubleshooting and tried it but it doesnt work.
Then re-read it. The upload troubleshooting clearly explains what you need to do if you need support on upload issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.