Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can no longer upload  (Read 3019 times)

RJPotts

• Coppermine newbie
Can no longer upload
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:23:05 am »

Site URL: www.bahrain4x4.com
Gallery URL: www.bahrain4x4.com/gallery/index.php

Test Account
User: TestUser
Password coppermine

I'm hopiong someone can help with the following......

I've made no changes to the site recently but have found I'm no longer able to upload pictures.  I go to the Upload File page and can select a file and click continue.  I'm told the upload was successful.  When I continue to the page where the file would be placed in an album the thumbnail is not shown but the not-found red 'x' is.  If I then select an album and click continue I'm then told "The previous file could not be placed.  You have successfully placed all the files."

Safe Mode is shown as Off in phpinfo and the hosting company assure me there have been no changes to the ImageMagick installation.  Phpinfo shows the php version number as 5.2.3 and a 'build date' of 05 Sep 2007 (which may well be about when the problem started, I only became aware of it yesterday).

Does anyone know what might have gone wrong & how I can fix it or of anything I can do to help find the problem?

Rgds & many thanks in advance
Richard

RJPotts

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can no longer upload
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:53:58 am »

Just re-tried with http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble done and I'm told "The file you have uploaded is not a valid image !   File: /home/bahr4com/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 370".

To make sure there wasn't a problem with the file I'd been using to test I downloaded a picture from within the gallery & tried that with the same result.

Rgds
Richard

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:16:45 am »

You'll need to contact your host. getimagesize() is returning null for valid images for some reason. They should try an update to PHP 5.2.4

RJPotts

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:28:43 am »

You'll need to contact your host. getimagesize() is returning null for valid images for some reason. They should try an update to PHP 5.2.4

Nibbler,

Many thanks for the info.

I contacted the host & mentioned the above.  I'm not entirely sure what was done but that problem has been replaced by another.  When trying to upload a file it fails with the error message

"The file 'albums/userpics/10002/Discovery2~1.JPG' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/bahr4com/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 402"

I've emailed a link to this message to the hosting company.  In the meantime I wondered if you (or anyone else!!) was able to suggest where the problem lies or (hopefully!) a fix?

I know its not covered by this forum but I've recently found a problem with attaching pictures to forum messages (using pthirik (?) attach mod) (non-image files are ok) where phpbb reports the errors as;

"Warning: passthru() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/bahr4com/public_html/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 166

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bahr4com/public_html/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:166) in /home/bahr4com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 564

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bahr4com/public_html/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:166) in /home/bahr4com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 566

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bahr4com/public_html/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:166) in /home/bahr4com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 567"

As I say, I know thats not a coppermine problem but as it's likely to be caused by the same thing might it help track down the problem?

Hopefully the hosts support staff will post any further useful info..

PS, I made -no- changes to the forum or gallery (apart from enabling single uploads & debug!) since it was last known to be working correctly.

PPS, I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but the connection here is so bad at the moment its taking ages to search through previous messages.

Rgds & again, many thanks
Richard

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 11:08:28 am »

Are you trying to use ImageMagick? Try GD instead. In Coppermine's config, set "Method for resizing images" to "GD2" and try again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.