Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding A BIG PILE of pictures at once  (Read 3749 times)

FLD

• Coppermine newbie
Adding A BIG PILE of pictures at once
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:03:47 pm »

Ok i have currently 200.000 pictures if my album directory. Now how do i add them to my Coppermine? I Tryed the "Bash Add" thingy, obviosly it didn't work. I tryed the "Mass Import" plugin, didn't work.

Im considering of making a BASH Script that could take its time and update the Database. Has anyone made one already? Any other suggestions how to add hundreds of thousands pictures?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adding A BIG PILE of pictures at once
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:04:27 pm »

What is "doesn't work" supposed to mean? It doesn't qualify as a valid report nor will it help fixing your issues. Make sure that http single file uploads work in the first place, doing exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. If you manage to accomplish this, you'll be certainly able to get "Batch-add" and the MassImportPlugin to work.
Posting this request on the sub-board "feature requests" (where only requests for features in future versions are allowed to be posted, see board description and corresponding sticky thread) is not a bright idea. Your thread got moved to the support board (where you should have posted in the first place).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:23:54 pm by GauGau »

FLD

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:28:22 am »

What is "doesn't work" supposed to mean? It doesn't qualify as a valid report nor will it help fixing your issues. Make sure that http single file uploads work in the first place, doing exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. If you manage to accomplish this, you'll be certainly able to get "Batch-add" and the MassImportPlugin to work.
Posting this request on the sub-board "feature requests" (where only requests for features in future versions are allowed to be posted, see board description and corresponding sticky thread) is not a bright idea. Your thread got moved to the support board (where you should have posted in the first place).
Oh, ok so ill explain a little. The "Batch-Add" feature isn't working cause atm i have over 5000 albums and 2000 categories and when i click the Batch-add button it just times out. So that gives me an idea that the Batch-add really wasn't desinged for lots of pictures.

If i click the button "Categories" it says: 500 Internal Server Error. Tryed the Categories button with empty album and categories and it still does that :O

Only thing that works is the MassImport-plugin, Which also times out when i actually put the directory there and start to add the files. The Albums and Categories that i have now, have probably been added by the MassImport but since it times out its unable to complete its process of creating all the stuff.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:00 am »

Make sure that http single file uploads work in the first place, doing exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

FLD

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:46:56 pm »

So basicly you are telling me that Coppermine is gonna be able to add all the pics with Batch Add if i fix it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 11:06:16 am »

Yes. I'm saying as well that if you need help fixing it you should do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. It clearly says what to do when asking for support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.