Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading pics not possible any more  (Read 6158 times)

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading pics not possible any more
« on: September 17, 2007, 01:17:17 pm »

Hi,

I am a beginner in Coppermine as well as on this forum, so excuse me if I mix to much, moreover i am not English-speaker. I do not have English version of my gallery so I can translate some of the actions or titles differently comparing to reality, to the commands you have.

The problem is that I can not upload any more pictures. I will explain my steps:
1. I copy my pics using FTP to my folders on the server.
2. I use my Coppermine gallery and a command "adding pictures"; I choose directory; I click OK.
3. A list o pics appears (those previously added - unmarked and these, which i want to add - marked with a green "v'" in a small box on the left - now i should choose album where to paste them and to do so
4. The problem is that the icons on the right appear only for the pictures previously added and for these i want to add only boxes with red crosses.
5. When I ignore this and go on - nothing happens - the pics are not added and I get information that the system could not make thumbnails and intermediate pics. As a result there are no pics in chosen album.
Please help. Thanks
marcan
PS Jesli ktos chcialby pomoc po polsku prosze pisac na priva (przepis na moj adres: moj nick na tlenie)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 08:22:27 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Uploading pics not possible any more
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:55:26 pm »

I do not have English version of my gallery
That's nonsense. The Coppermine package contains all available language versions. Add lang=english to the URL in the address bar of your browser to temporarily switch to English. Switch back to default using lang=xxx. Example: http://yoursite.tld/your_gallery/?lang=english

The problem is that I can not upload any more pictures.
If you have issues when uploading, then do exactly as suggested in the uploading troubleshooting section of the docs. There is a particular reason why this section exists - it is mandatory to read and do as suggested if you want support. Failing to do so will result in replies like this one that probably is not what you expected to hear. Pay particular attention to the section "Asking for support on upload issues".
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:41:05 am by GauGau »

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:38:28 am »

Hi,
1. English version is avilable now. Thank you.
2. I read the section "Asking for support on upload issues" - it seems to me that there is no such a problem as mine. Thank you.
3. I did exactly as suggested in the "uploading troubleshooting section of the docs". Thank you.
4. I have a "Debug Info" which is 22 pages long (after checking in a word file) - should I copy it and paste here, or should I copy only certain part of it?
5. There is an information "Make sure to replace any passwords from the query with *** before posting" - I do not see any (my) paswords in this "Debug Info". I searched for paswords after pasting the text to word file to make it easier (search function) - should I check it somehow else?
6. The problem still exists so i kindly ask for help.
Regards,
marcan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 08:43:39 am »

3. I did exactly as suggested in the "uploading troubleshooting section of the docs".
No, you did not. Re-read it and do exactly as suggested!

4. I have a "Debug Info" which is 22 pages long (after checking in a word file) - should I copy it and paste here, or should I copy only certain part of it?
You're not suppossed to post it at all unless we ask for it. The upload troubleshooting section clearly explains this. RTFM!

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:50:52 pm »

No, you did not. Re-read it and do exactly as suggested!

--- I thought I have to read and do only what is written in 4.11.4. Now I have read 4.11.5. here you go:
a link to my site: www.marcan.avx.pl
test user account: test (login), test (password), group "guests"
I hope it is OK now and you will be able to help me
Regards
marcan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:40:58 pm »

How am I supposed to help you if you don't do as suggested and if you don't test the information you posted here? When loging in with the test user account you provided, I get
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files
. You'll have to either allow the group the test user account is in to have personal galleries or you have to assign permissions to upload to a public album´for the group the test user is in. Stop wasting my time!
Additionally, you're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.13. There is a reason why we package maintenance releases - upgrading is mandatory.

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:46:40 pm »

Hi,

As an indroduction pleae note that I answer to you so late not because I ignore you, but because I try to do everything by myself (no success) NOT to waste your time. I know that you have punished me (negative karma -2) and probably you will do it again. Please understand that I have to face two problems; first: I do not know English good enough to understand everything you say or the manual says, and second: I am completly beginner in "my SQL", "FTP", etc. - it is very, VERY hard for me, really.

I created new album "test" where (I think) you are able to upload the pics (I change the group properties so theoreticaly you can). I hope it will work. I hope because I do not know how to test it.

Secondly - I tried to make upgrading (cpg1.4.13) since it is mandatory as you said but it will take me some time - I do not know how to do it, but i think one of my friends can help me - can i do it at the end - when we will finish with success this isue? If upgrading is absolutely necessary to help me it will take me a long time.

Thank you for understanding and help. I appreciate your good will till now and hope you will not kill me definitly :-)

marcan

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:51:57 am »

Hi
I go in a circle: my problem is that I can not upload files, and to help me, you advise me to create a folder, where you will be able to upload files. If I could do this I would not have a problem any more - I could upload them by myself. But I do not. You are not answering me, giving negative karma and the problem is still valid. I go in a circle.
Please try to help other way to move on.
marcan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 12:05:50 pm »

I get
The file 'albums/userpics/10046/Beispiel.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/users/marcan/www/db_input.php - Line: 402
, which usually means that there is something fishy with your permissions (see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#permissions). Explicitely set permissions on the albums folder, using your FTP app as suggested in the docs section I refered to.

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:27 pm »

Finally I do not have this particular "uploading" problem any more from topis of my post. My hosting provider helped me. Anyway thank you for trying. We can close this case.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 08:22:12 am »

So the issue didn't reside in Coppermine itself, but was related to webserver misconfiguration? For the benefit of others, you should post what you (or your webhost) did to solve your issue.
Anyway, marking as "solved".

marcan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 02:41:23 pm »

The issue did reside in Coppermine itself, but how was it solved by my friend? No idea... He just said he changed the settings and it works.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 07:06:44 pm »

::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.