Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture upload problem  (Read 4296 times)

nswellman

• Coppermine newbie
Picture upload problem
« on: September 16, 2007, 07:25:29 am »

I need the help of the support staff.  I have tried to resolve this problem on my own with no success.  I used my FTP program and ALL album directories have the 777 file permissions.  I am getting this error message:

Script called without the requried parameter(s).

My gallery can be found at http://nswellman.newsit.es/coppermine

Username is Guest and the password is password.

The database server is going through an upgrade process, so it isn't always accessible, but keep trying and you will get there.  I don't think that the updates are the source of the problem because I have had this problem since even before the updates began. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Picture upload problem
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:35:55 am »

I get
No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /www/newsit.es/n/s/w/nswellman/htdocs/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 311
Does the server allow uploads?

nswellman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:22:33 pm »

As far as I know yes, uploads are allowed.  Many other users have coppermine on this hosts server and don't have problems with uploading.  I have posted a support question in their support forum and should get a reply soon. 
     I forgot to admit that I can't batch add files either.  I can successfully upload the files to my server and in coppermine I can get to the directory that contains them, but when I get to the list of new files page, the preview thumbnails are little red x's even though I can click on the x's and see the picture.  Then when I select the files, click the "insert selected files" button, the next page comes up, but only little red x's again.  And the files do not get loaded into any albums.

jovemac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:43:33 pm »

Sir,

I tried to upload the images. I could see the images getting stored in the userpics folder when acessed through FTP. But unable to see neither the thumbnail or in the normal view.

www.cheyyar.com/album/

Please advise.
Regards JO

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 07:02:20 pm »

@nswellman: apply permissions on the albums folder and everything within it as suggested in the docs.

@jovemac: butt out of this thread. Start a thread of your own after having read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

nswellman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:14:48 am »

Gau Gau,
    I already set permissions on the albums folder and ALL subfolders to have 777 permissions.  I have checked this about 5 times to make sure that I didn't miss something

About the only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling coppermine fresh.  I guess I will go in and clear out all of the old coppermine files and folders and start the database files from scratch.  Would this be advisable at this point?  I know that version 1.4.13 is out and it is strongly recommended to upgrade to this version.  Let me know.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:56:26 am »

Are you sure that you need 777 on your server setup? Did you read the permissions section carefully? What does your webhost say?

nswellman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 03:12:41 am »

Well I still have the same problem.  I have uninstalled the old version of coppermine, recreated the necessary databases and then installed coppermine 1.4.13.  I retried the single file upload and then the ftp/batch upload and both still give the same result:

Script called without the required parameter(s).
File: /www/newsit.es/n/s/w/nswellman/htdocs/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 58

I checked and my server does allow uploads, so that is not the issue.  Also I have chmoded the permissions of the albums folder and ALL subfolders to the correct permissions as stated in the documentation.  There just has to be something that I am missing.

So I have recreated a user account with single file uploads and the debug info showing, so if you could take a look I would really appreciate it.
Username is Guest
Password is password

Please take a look and let me know if you have any ideas.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 06:57:54 am »

‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.