Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't access 'admin.php'  (Read 11911 times)

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
Can't access 'admin.php'
« on: September 15, 2007, 05:25:45 pm »

I can't access 'admin.php' through the url or 'Config' in the Admin menu bar. I upgraded from Coppermine 1.4.8 to 1.4.12 without fixing it, except that 'Versioncheck.php' now also doesn't load. I made a copy of MySQL database and config.inc.php. Do I need to do a clean install for 1.4.13 after removing 1.4.12? Or is there a way to fix it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:37:42 pm by Sami »

Nibbler

Re: Can't access 'admin.php'
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:28:29 pm »

What do you mean by 'can't access' ?

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:38:51 pm »

I press 'Config' button in Admin tools or I type the url/admin.php, but cannot open the 'Config' menu. The progress bar in Internet Explorer just stays at 5 bars.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:31:27 am »

The 'Config' button in the Admin menu bar in Coppermine doesn't work (even using the 'url/admin.php'). 'Versioncheck.php' also doesn't work.  I upgraded from Coppermine 1.4.8 to 1.4.12 trying to fix it. I have made a copy of MySQL database. I tried to upgrade to 1.4.13, but it won't work. Should I remove Coppermine 1.4.12 and then do a new install of 1.4.13? Or is there an easier way? Can I then restore the MySQL database that I copied?

This morning I can't even log in to 'Admin' (this happened before, but eventually worked again). I can get into Cpanel and I set debugging to 'on' in PHPmyAdmin cpg_config debug_mode, but I don't see any error messages. To be honest, I'm learning fast, but I'm pretty lost really. Please Help!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 01:09:38 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery
Could be a host security issue
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=45032.0
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 04:58:38 pm »

I can log into admin again, but still cannot load the 'config' menu (admin.php) or run the 'versioncheck.php.
The website is www.lucitphoto.com. Thanks for helping!  :)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »

both pages load !
what kind of error did you get?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:36 pm »

No error message - just wait forever. Progress bar at bottom of screen says: 'waiting for http://www.lucitphoto.com/admin.php...'  Same thing happens when I go into Admin Tools and run 'versioncheck.php'. All other admin functions work.
I checked your link regarding changes made by the host, but I think then I wouldn't log into admin at all (which does happen sometimes). I emailed my host who refered me to your forum. Could it be that admin 'rights' are being restricted or that there is a corruption in the cpg_config file in phpMyAdmin? How can I check this?

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 11:15:05 pm »

Hey,hey,hey, got home, switched on and loaded my website and tried to log into 'admin', but, ho,ho,ho, no way! It happened yesterday and the day before, and then I finally manage to log into admin, but still not 'admin.php' or 'versioncheck.php'. 'versioncheck.php' only stopped working after I upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.4.12. Is it a bug?

Should I remove coppermine 1.4.12 and re-install 1.4.13 and restore my database? Or can it be fixed?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:17:01 am »

This probably happens because you run into a timeout. Usually being caused by limitations imposed by your webhost.
Upgrading to the most recent version is mandatory no matter what. However, it will probably not fix your timeout issues.
When in doubt, ask your webhost for support.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 12:38:51 pm »

Thanks. I have emailed my host about possible time-out problems and await a reply.
I have not managed to upgrade fully to 1.4.13 (maybe because I can't run 'versioncheck'). I have edited the include/init.inc.php and inserted it where indicated and replaced the lines in viewlog.php as per documentation, which I think is the main reason for 1.4.13. I still can't run 'admin.php' or 'versioncheck'.
I'm not tooo sure about uploading the files after unpacking them. Uploading each file and folder manually in file manager is both time-consuming and an invitation for disaster for a newbe like me!
Can I run 'install.php' script after saving the database and removing the old Coppermine files?   :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 04:15:13 pm »

Your upgrading issues are unrelated and should have gone into a different thread, but anyway:
Uploading each file and folder manually in file manager is both time-consuming and an invitation for disaster for a newbe like me!
Then don't use your "file manager". Use a real FTP app instead! Check "Tools recommended by the devs > FileZilla".

Can I run 'install.php' script after saving the database and removing the old Coppermine files?   :-\
No. Update exactly as suggested in the upgrading section of the docs. There is no other method available, unless you would like to perform a fresh install.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07:33 am »

Everything works after upgrading to 1.4.13, except that the 'Maintenance Settings' or the 'Save setting' does not exist in the 'config' menu in admin.

This means I can't take my site offline when it is in 'Debug' mode or when I'm working on it. Is there a setting in PHPMyAdmin cpg_config or somewhere which might prevent the 'Maintenance Settings' ?   ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 06:58:41 am »

If those settings don't exist then the config page simply doesn't fully load, but times out or runs into limitations imposed by your webhost.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 03:29:09 pm »

Thanks for your recommendation. I contacted my webhost and asked about time-outs, and they replied: "If you could query what limitations he is referring to. I think it may be the PHP max execution time but if you could get confirmation it would be good".
Would you know?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 04:16:17 pm »

I think it may be the PHP max execution time
Probably yes. You can take a look at the current settings on your server using phpinfo.

lucitphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »

:D Great joy! Problem solved. My webhost moved my account to a new server and increased the PHP max execution time from 60 to 150 and then to 250 and now everything works! You were spot on! Thank you very much for your help, GauGau.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.