Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading pics leading to red "x"'s  (Read 3893 times)

angelsgrl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Steven-Strait.net
Uploading pics leading to red "x"'s
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:24 pm »

I am *completely new* to Coppermine and a total beginner to PHP, so please bare with me.  It's very possible the solution to this is extremely easy, but I'm just that green with the program.

I installed the program just yesterday and had no problems with any of the configurations until I went to upload my images.  I uploaded through FTP (permissions set to 777, and yes, I did read all of the upload documentation and troubleshooting and looked through the other trouble topics), but when I click on "Batch add files" and click on "ok", all images come up as red "x"'s.  I click on the boxes and the image shows in a small window, but it won't show up in the program.  I've tried uploading smaller files, bigger files, and adding files one-by-one in "upload files" but it's the same problem.

I also went through the steps in "upload troubleshooting" to temporarily change my settings to view the debug problems, as well.

The URL to my gallery is: http://www.steven-strait.net/gallery

Test Account created:
Username: test
Password: password

Any suggestions??  Thank you in advance for your time.

~Ellie
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:19:59 am by Nibbler »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Uploading pics leading to red "x"'s
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:01 pm »

Can you provide a deeplink to one of the images you are trying to add with batch add ?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:40 pm »

We don't recommend using fantastico to install Coppermine, and this is exactly why. Go into config and switch the resize method to GD2.

angelsgrl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Steven-Strait.net
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:35 pm »

I went ahead and changed the resized method to GD2 then went to upload a single file to test.  This worked!!! (yea!)  Then I tried going to "batch add files" again.  It actually showed the thumbs this time of the files (yea!) when selected, but when I selected the album I wanted the files to go into and processed that, it showed the red "x" again.  When I clicked on the red "x" it gave me this message: "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image."

Ideas?  Progress is being made, so I'm thankful!

~Ellie

angelsgrl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Steven-Strait.net
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:51:04 pm »

I just realized the mistake and it now appears to be working!  Thank you for your help (I knew it would be simple once I talked to an expert) :)

~Ellie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:14:29 am »

The whole point of running a support board is that questions and answers remain visible if a question has been resolved. Instead of just posting that you were able to fix your issues you should have posted what you actually did to solve your issues - for the benefit of others.

angelsgrl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Steven-Strait.net
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 01:53:59 pm »

After switching the resize method to GD2, I double checked every folder inside of my albums folder to make sure the permissions were set to 777.  They were not, so once changed, things ran smoothly.  I didn't think this would be the problem after checking the permissions on the album folder itself, because on a previous FTP program I used, when I changed the permissions for one folder, it changed the permissions for all folders inside of it at the same time.  Here lay my problem, now corrected- thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:12:01 pm »

Thanks for returning and posting your solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.