Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again  (Read 7171 times)

alexr

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:34:19 pm »

I've seen a number of different ideas as to what this problem is and from what I've seem its a simple machines issue.  I undertand SMF has developed a tool - Does it address the issue related to the above error message?

I saw a message about inconsistencies with including or not including the "www." when working with links - Where does this solution get addressed (coppermine configuration settings?)  Please point me in the right direction.

thanks-in-advance

Alex

Version: 1.4.12

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:36:09 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:58:39 pm »

Not a coppermine issue, the error message comes from SMF. If you want help with bridging issues, read the sticky thread on this very board and do exactly as suggested there - there is a reason why we named it "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!".

I guess you're getting that error message when clicking on the logout link in coppermine after having logged in successfully. If this is your only issue, then do as I suggested in various other threads:
So your only issue is the logout link from Coppermine? Everything else works as expected? Then just don't use the logout link (or even disable it).
The error message comes from SMF, it's a security measure on their end. Nothing in Coppermine to circumvent this.

Inconsistencies with the use of the leading www subdomain are not related to the error message in question. Not related to coppermine though, but a matter of how you set up your SMF forum and your webserver. So there is no general answer like "tick the option XYZ in Coppermine's config" - since it isn't a coppermine issue, there can hardly be anything in coppermine to make those issues go away. If you want to know details, post details; coppermine supporters have posted instructions how to come up with custom .htaccess files to circumvent subdomain issues. But we need details to come up with newbie-proof instructions.

alexr

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:32:02 pm »

Hi Gau Gau,

Thanks for your response - I thought of sending you my info, but what I've been reading is the problem wasn't necessarily specific to me.  No matter - I discovered the leading domain issue has been resolved for me by running a repair tool courtesy of SMF.  Here is the link in case anyone else run into a similar problem:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.