Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sendmail?  (Read 5138 times)

msw

• Coppermine newbie
Sendmail?
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:33:17 am »

Hello,

In which Coppermine file is "sendmail" referenced or called?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:40:32 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sendmail?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:19:45 am »

Actually, the reference to the built-in mailing capabilities are being handled in include/mailer.inc.php. Won't help you much unless you're a coder. I doubt that you're a coder (if you were a coder, a straightforward search would have lead you to the files in question). Why don't you just explain what your problem is or what you're trying to accomplish instead?

msw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:55:33 pm »

Well Mr.Coder

Sendmail is not working with this program so I switched to SMTP and all is well. However there seem to be a S***load of problems posted about emails.... So far the only fix I see is get another sndmail program or use SMTP.... All the programs I use, perl and PHP have had NO problems with this (usr/sbin/sendmail the norm) so I would like to use my providers system and NOT clog up my home personal email account(s). My service provider is ValueWeb, they are a very, very large provider and I have had minor issues over the past 5 years with them and any script. As a matter of fact they recommend this program and that is why I'm using it. By the way I am not a programmer I am an end user and I really don't need your S****a*** remarks.
Fixing this with another smail program is a bandage fix. Look forward to you expertise on this and since you are a programmer what does the "built in programming" point to?

Thanks

MSW

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:26 pm »

Do you expect answers when swearing and being rude? I have better things to do than explaining technology basics to people who show no gratitude for free software and free support. Don't blame me if you have no idea about such stuff. Supporters are here to answer your questions, but they do so voluntarily, without being paid. So we can at least expect a little bit respect. Asking to be spoon-fed just because you're "just an end user" is a poor excuse. I don't care wether you're an end user or Linus Torvalds.

msw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:54:15 pm »

Linus,

I believe you need to read your original email and determine if your original response was rude to me. I am not interested in becoming a programmer, I have a profession. And your response about free software is lame... I have great respect for the software, you are not the software. There are many free software packages out there that I participate in and with and I have never had the response and I quote "I doubt that you're a coder (if you were a coder, a straightforward search would have lead you to the files in question). Why don't you just explain what your problem is or what you're trying to accomplish instead?". Maybe where ever you are this isn't rude but here it is. Maybe you should work on your volunteer and communication skills.

See ya

MSW  ;)

As a note don't worry about a response, I am capable of figuring this out myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.