Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with exact thumbnails  (Read 3622 times)

fangweile

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Saranghaeyo ^_^
    • All Koreans - Home of Korean Actors and Actresses
Problem with exact thumbnails
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:30:15 pm »

Stramm modpack is really great. I recently installed it in my gallery and it works fine.
Then I've noticed that some of my thumbnails are cropped in a wrong portion of the picture.

I set and height and width of my thumbnails to 150 pixel exact height and width, but I it crops the thumbnails in a center of an image. When I upload a full body picture (in portrait), it generates a thumbnails that is it not supposed to be. Very strange because it cuts down the head of the picture and only displaying the body in the thumbnail generated.

Is there any way to fix it? I know that someone already think of it. I really want to use this mod. Hope someone could help.
[My Coppermine Galleries]
All Koreans, Lim Eun-kyeong's IFC
Saranghae 김태희

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Problem with exact thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:17:38 pm »

If you cut a square out of an rectangle, then some information's getting lost. The cropping function's coded to cut of equal parts (top/ bottom or left/ right) of the rectangle. Without knowing what part of the pic the user wants to keep this seems to be the best solution to me (till someone's coding some sort of face or point of interest detection).
For best results you always could create the thumbs locally and then ftp them to your server.

fangweile

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Saranghaeyo ^_^
    • All Koreans - Home of Korean Actors and Actresses
Re: Problem with exact thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 03:34:16 am »

thanks for your reply.
I will try your suggestion and I will search for alternative solution too.
Maybe I will crop the thumbnails in coppermine picture editor.
[My Coppermine Galleries]
All Koreans, Lim Eun-kyeong's IFC
Saranghae 김태희
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.