Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Contact form 1.3 from Frantz to work properly (not getting any mail)  (Read 6417 times)

dke

Hi,

Ive installed this plugin and it works good, only thing is that i never recive an email. Ive verified the email adress by sending my self a email and it takes about 3-5 seconds for the mail to arrive, ive tested through coppermine and i dont recive any emails.

Ive taken the settings from my outlook express using the same smtp server, and username/password, also i've entered the "gallery administrator email" to the correct adress, but still i dont recive any mails. Is there any ports i need to open on the server or is there anything else that can be wrong?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:56:57 pm by Sami »

dke

Solved this, it was a issue with PHP.

I had to configure these lines:

Code: [Select]
SMTP =
smtp_port =
sendmail_from =

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

Thank you for resolving
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

jeffnow

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem. Under config, email settings I left them blank. Can you please, tell me in details of how you did it to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie

you must look in the info given by your webhost
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

jeffnow

• Coppermine newbie

He said he solved the problem with the below. He needed to add or modify the information below and where and which php file in the contact folder that I needed to work with.

Thanks

"
Solved this, it was a issue with PHP.

I had to configure these lines:

Code: [Select]
SMTP =
smtp_port =
sendmail_from =

"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Very surprising... ::)

dke

He said he solved the problem with the below. He needed to add or modify the information below and where and which php file in the contact folder that I needed to work with.

Thanks

This wasn't a issue within coppermine gallery, it was a issue with the php setup on my server. If you're hosting on your own you need to change the settings in the php configuration file, else you need to check with your webhost as mentioned above.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

That's one of the reasons why self-hosting is not recommended at all: if you have the skills to run and maintain a webserver of your own, you should be aware of the fact that you will need to configure your server accordingly, so you don't need the information in this posting. If you run a webserver of your own and are not aware of that, you should really re-consider self-hosting, as you lack the skills and will get hacked in no time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.