Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg 1.4.12 bugs  (Read 4310 times)

trotter

• Coppermine newbie
cpg 1.4.12 bugs
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:02:19 am »

My php version 4.3.9, mysql version 4.1.12.

1. If the language selection "chinese_gb" ,Character encoding choice "chinese Simplified(euc-cn)", website that gibberish. Change /lang/chinese_gb.php document coding for the GB2312 showed normal, but http://www.yourdomain.com/search.php, if Title, or Keywords Caption contains Chinese characters, the search result will be empty.

2. If the language selection "chinese_gb",Character encoding choice "Unicode (recommended) (utf-8)" website shows normal. However, the use phpmyadmin View database, the database of Chinese characters as gibberish.

help me , thank!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cpg 1.4.12 bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:43 am »

The chinese sub-board (coppermine-gallery.net > Support > Language Specific Support > 中文 (Chinese)) is meant for postings in Chinese. Moving to the international sub-board instead.
PMing supporters, requesting help is not a bright idea. There is no individual support. When signing up, you agreed to respect board rules. They clearly say that you mustn't send PMs to supporters. Failing to respect board rules usually results in your requests getting ignored.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:27:46 am »

Sending me another PM is just silly:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=46615.0

See your back, deeply apologize to you! If I am disturbed to your information, I will pay attention to these things next, I am sorry!
Why didn't you reply to this thread instead, although you have been told that you mustn't send PMs? I don't want to be PMed no matter what: neither with support requests nor with apologies. Respect my wish for privacy in the future.

Shouting "bug" (i.e. accusing the devs that something is wrong with the software and not on your end) is not abright idea neither.
Use utf-8 (unicode). If phpMyAdmin shows gibberish, then adjust phpMyAdmin's settings to properly display it. We will not support your issues using phpMyAdmin. Read their manual if you have issues using it. If this doesn't help, ask the phpMyAdmin staff for support on their support channels, not us.

trotter

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 02:56:35 am »

Respect for the administrators:

CPG is an outstanding piece of software, I have been in use. I respect your work, in the process, encounter problems seek help, perhaps in the way some issues. This is perhaps China and the United States cultural differences, different ways of thinking, I think this approach for help no problem, but precisely because of this, your life and work had an impact on. At the same time, seek help, can be expressed in the language of poor, causing harm to you.

Here, I note one, I do not have any malicious. Cultural differences may be, and ways of thinking different from misunderstanding. If these to disturb you or hurt you. Here I say I am sorry. While grateful for your response!

Trotter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:19:09 am »

1. If the language selection "chinese_gb" ,Character encoding choice "chinese Simplified(euc-cn)", website that gibberish. Change /lang/chinese_gb.php document coding for the GB2312 showed normal, but http://www.yourdomain.com/search.php, if Title, or Keywords Caption contains Chinese characters, the search result will be empty.

2. If the language selection "chinese_gb",Character encoding choice "Unicode (recommended) (utf-8)" website shows normal. However, the use phpmyadmin View database, the database of Chinese characters as gibberish.
As suggested: use option 2 (utf-8) and ignore the gibberish in phpMyAdmin. This is a non-issue.

Joachim

P.S. I'm not a US resident  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.