Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple album uploads?  (Read 10989 times)

jamz310

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple album uploads?
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:48:50 pm »

Hi,

Just playing around with a new install and comparing it wiith a few other gallery sites that I use.
One option - during the user upload, is to have the ability to check off multiple albums to uplload into.
The user can pick which location in their personal gallery but also send the pic to other public albums.

Example:

I have a new photo that I want to upload into my gallery. I also want to upload it into a few public albums at the same time.
Lets say two public  albums are called - protraits and family. So during the upload process, I want it to go into my gallery and also
to the publc portraits and family abums. So when a user logs  in..they will see the new photo that was posted( that fits a few different catagories) in multiple albums.

I guess Im trying to see in my mind how the upload process works with this app. I figure that all new uploads from registered user should go into their galleries. From there they can post(link) to public albums. Instead of posting 3 different images into the database, One image to the users gallery and to display the image in other albums by linking direclty to their gallery image (check boxes during upload)...hope you can follow what Im thinking here..

jamz

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:43:04 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Multiple album uploads?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 10:50:20 pm »

Users can upload into their own albums, and also into any albums in the public categories that you have set upload permissions for.  Each album has it's own permissions.

At the moment, pics can only be in 1 album, but in the next full version release, pics can be in several albums, which will be set by keywords.  So during upload, adding the keyword to the pic, will make it show in all albums that call that keyword.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

k8oylos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 03:30:25 am »

which release will it be in? the new 1.3.2 has it? if not is it somehow available as a mod?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 09:21:49 am »

one pic in multiple albums will be in cpg1.4.0, no saying when it will be released (working on it). Ceratainly not within the next two months, rather next year.

GauGau

k8oylos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 04:50:16 pm »

it 's been going back and back..is it so hard to code?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 07:05:32 am »

what do you mean by "going back". We're not only adding one feature and then release a new version. The devel version has several new features already, and more will be added. We will release a new version if there are enough features to justify the release. You're welcome to check out the cvs if you can't wait (although using a devel version on a production site is not recommended and there is no support for devel versions) once our host sourceforge.net has fixed the issues currently existing in the cvs anon and web cvs access.
If you think it is easy to code, then why don't you go ahead and code it and post your mod?

GauGau

[edit]sf.net have fixed anonymous cvs, you can access it again
[/edit]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 07:38:41 am by GauGau »

k8oylos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 02:58:08 am »

sorry for the late reply, i have been away for the last days. i didn't mean to offend you, but i remember that, when i asked this question for the first time in the forum, 3 months ago, you had said that there was something half-developped as a mod and i think there was a link to some working demo. That was prior to 1.3.0 and now, 3 updates later, i had though it would have been included. My knowkedge of php is not, unfortunately, good enough for me to make a mod. However if there is a beta version of this, i would really appreciate if if you could give me a link

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 07:48:00 am »

cpg1.3.1 and cpg1.3.2 have only been bugfixes, no new versions went into it - it would have required all translators to rework their translation, which is way too much effort. The next release that has genuinely new features will be cpg1.4.0.
The mantra of open source development is "release early, release often" - we're trying to reduce the time between the releases of new versions by introducing a language fallback - this way, less time will pass between cpg1.3.x and cpg1.4.x than between cpg1.2.x and cpg1.3.x (but maybe this is just wishfull thinking). We also plan to release alphas to a reduced number (non-publicly) of testers, so we can start sooner to start bug-fixing. The problem is: only if a version gets released to a broader audience, all (or at least most) hidden bugs are being discovered, but people don't understand the difference between an anlpha or beta release and a stable one. If we release betas to the public, our support board gets flooded with newbies asking questions on one and the same bug, although extra large fonts say on all beta versions "don't use on production servers, only for testing".
If you need additional features, and you need them fast, do as I suggested and check out the cvs - just be sure you can live with bugs and the fact that there can be no support for code that is under development.

Joachim

k8oylos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 11:05:54 pm »

i do understand the difference between alpha/beta and stable releases. the cvs you are mentioning is this?
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/devel/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 05:37:37 am »

yes, what's in the devel branch will later be cpg1.4.0, but it will be a tediuos task to download the 240 text files from the web cvs. You might want to take a look into anonymous checkouts using a tool like WinsCVS. Refer to http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89658 for details.

Joachim

k8oylos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 08:55:30 pm »

thanks. it has been a great help

jamin0

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 02:06:19 am »

Has this ever been implemented? I am trying up get a photo into more then one album and it is not letting me.

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 02:11:51 am »

This thread is 3 years old. The feature exists in 1.4 - if you have problems using it then use the support board.

jamin0

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 02:20:56 am »

I would have a problem using it if I know how to.  I have been looking for some config option somewhere but can find anything.  How it is done?

And yet I know this was an old thread...

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 02:23:40 am »

Locking. Use the support board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.