Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Albums or Categories for specified users?  (Read 2580 times)

cajebo

• Coppermine newbie
Private Albums or Categories for specified users?
« on: September 15, 2007, 05:59:41 pm »

I hope I've done my due diligence in trying to locate an answer to this on this forum.
I feel I have, I'm just anxious about posting a duplicate inquiry.

What I'm hoping to do with this, or another Gallery installation/bridge is to offer a friend of mine a way to have their photos put into albums, and then to have those individual albums available only to those people/users they assign viewing privileges.

My friend is a start-up wedding/portrait photographer that wants to give her clients the ability to see photo proofs online.

They would like the ability to create 'gallery areas' where clients could, with their userName and password, could go in and see the results of their shoot.

It would need a fairly simple to understand back-end for the photographer

I'm looking for something simple and open-source as their budget is on the underexposed-side (sorry, pun attempt).

As I'm a firm believer in working smarter not harder, i thought I would post the question here.

Thanks in advance, let me know by reply if you need additional clarification.

Michael
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:57:37 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Private Albums or Categories for specified users?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:11:25 am »

Coppermine is fine for what you're up to do. In fact it is being used a lot by wedding photographers.

cajebo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Private Albums or Categories for specified users?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:41 pm »

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'll now install and give it a go.

Warm regards from Miamisburg, Ohio

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.