Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio and Video upload problems v1.4.12  (Read 4557 times)

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
Audio and Video upload problems v1.4.12
« on: August 30, 2007, 04:13:39 pm »

I am having problems with the ability to upload audio and video files to the server. The individual file size limit is set to 20,000kb and user gallery size limit is set to 500,000kb, and the user i'm trying to perform this with is well under the gallery size limit, and the file size is well under file size limit.

When I upload the video or audio file(s), it simply refreshes to the upload screen, does not say "One file uploaded successfully." or anything like that, just refreshes the upload screen clearing any upload entry's I may have in there.

The audio file types and video file types are both set to "ALL".

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appriciated. All image uploads are still working properly.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:13:25 pm by Nibbler »

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Audio and Video upload problems v1.4.12
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:21:24 pm »

Alright, I've followed the instructions listed there. It comes back with an error:

Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/animehqu/public_html/simplepic/db_input.php - Line: 58

A quick search brings back a few results, but they all say "nevermind, i fixed it" and never post what they did to solve the problem.

http://simplepic.net

l/p test/test2

file upload size limit 20mb

If there's something i missed, please let me know.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:57:15 pm »

Check the upload limit in your phpinfo.php file. I was able to upload a small (1.9M) mp3 but larger ones failed.

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 02:58:54 am »

I referenced the phpinfo.php file, but did not see anything that had to do with upload limit. I believe i'm familiar with the file that contains that info, but i can't remember it's name off the top of my head. I searched for it but did not find what i was looking for. I re-checked the file size upload limit in the config admin.php page where it's set, but it was still set to 20,000kb. I re-checked users and it was set to 500,000kb, and all the membership settings were correct as far as membership associations go.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 04:32:07 am »

http://simplepic.net/phpinfo.php

Search for upload_max_filesize

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 05:00:14 am »

It says 2m. I thought it was calculated in solid k numbers though? Also, when i open phpinfo.php that field is not there, it references another file, which i'm unaware of the location. If i was more familiar, i would fire off ssh and search all files in the directory for the string upload_max_filesize but i'm not the best with that interface. I'm guessing that's a default value, which is likely why you uploaded the 1.9m file? At any rate, which file can i find that setting in so i can hard-code it?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 05:10:33 am »

It's a php.ini setting, that's a part of the php configuration on the server, not a part of Coppermine. How and if you can modify that depends on your hosting arrangements.

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 01:11:50 pm »

I found php.ini, and changed the upload limit to 80mb, and successfully uploaded a 5mb mp3. However, thinking the problem was fixed, I went after my originally targeted mp3 upload, which is 10.2mb, and attempted to upload it. It failed, unfortunately, with the same error:

Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/animehqu/public_html/simplepic/db_input.php - Line: 58

I'm currently working with my provider to get /tmp dir access set to 777. I'm not sure if this will have any bearing on the current issue, but it should resolve another issue that I'm having.

My hosting arrangements give me pretty free-wielding access rights to the directory of the box i'm on, so most settings I can change. I've also heard rumors of pointing the /tmp dir to another dir in the root of the dir I reside in.

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 02:37:21 pm »

I was checking the phpinfo.php file, and i came across another setting, post_max_size which was set to 8m, which i changed to 80mb. This fixed the problem with uploading the 10mb file. I can say that you have assisted me in resolving my problem, and it is safe to close this thread. Thank you very much for your assistance in fixing this problem, and assisting me with learning something about the internal workings of the site.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay-SimplePic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 04:01:30 pm »

I'm not sure if i can use the same thread, but i'm getting an error that mp4 is an unallowed file extension, but i have ALL in video, audio, file, etc for file types allowed. I even manually added mp4, and it's still giving me issues. Am i going to have to convert it before i can upload, or is there a way to allow mp4?

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 04:13:15 pm »

Use the filetypes plugin to add mp4 as a filetype. ALL means all file types that Coppermine knows about, not all possible filetypes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.