Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ecards: sending yields "invalid email address" every time.  (Read 5728 times)

NotePad

• Coppermine newbie
ecards: sending yields "invalid email address" every time.
« on: August 30, 2007, 09:48:56 am »

HI,

trying to send ecards, (i'm logged in as admin) and no matter who I try to send to, I get "invalid email address" as an error message. 

Is admin not able to send postcards when logged in?

thanks!!
???

Nibbler

Re: ecards: sending yields "invalid email address" every time.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:07:55 pm »

What are the addresses you are using?

NotePad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:45 am »

Hi Nibbler,

another complication has come up that side-tracked me a bit.  however, it may be related to the main issue, possibly an IE glitch.

IE6 is now kicking me out of my installation.  What happens is I Log in - either as admin or user, the "continue" sign appears - as though I am "in"... then it goes directly back to the login screen as though I had never logged in.

Fortunately, I have Opera installed, and I can log in fine with Opera.  Also, I tried under "admin" to send e-cards using Opera, no problem.  Seems that all these problems were generated by IE6.

One e-card related glitch that IS reproduced on Opera is this: when you click the "alternate link if e-card does not display properly" in the e-card email, it renders a blank screen in IE6 and an error call as such in Opera 9.1:
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: html_entity_decode() in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/gallery/displayecard.php on line 43
thanks for any further comments!

Notepad

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:10:31 pm »

Sending emails happens server-sided, not client-sided. That's why I doubt that the browser is to blame. Do as Nibbler suggested. Posting a link to your gallery might help as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.