Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Option to give uploaded files a unique filename  (Read 5494 times)

lifter

• Coppermine novice
Option to give uploaded files a unique filename
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:36 am »

I'm scared of my gallery being fuskered and it would be nice if there was an option for when you are uploading (be it batch uploading or regular uploading), coppermine has an option to rename your files to a unique string (letters not numbers)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:00:57 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Option to give uploaded files a unique filename
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 02:02:04 am »

What is 'fuskered'?

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:12:00 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusker

Basically when your files have some sort of sequence to them someone can use a fusker tool to extract all of your images!  >:(

lifter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:14:38 am »

In the mean time, if anyone knows of any software/etc that can batch rename (and has a unique string option, for letters, not numbers) please let me know  :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:48:31 pm »

Rename your files before uploading them to prevent users / bots to guess the names (because that´s what the meaning of the word seems to be).
Personally, I use 1-4a Rename, but there are tons of other apps that are capable to come up with random names when renaming.
I don´t think that this will go into coppermine´s core code in the future, although it could be added easily (maybe as a mod/plugin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.