Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Builing up corporate gallery using Coppermine.  (Read 3275 times)

gosforth

• Coppermine newbie
Builing up corporate gallery using Coppermine.
« on: August 16, 2007, 03:40:21 pm »

Hello,

after several test with Coppermine we think this software would be good enough to build corporate gallery (or rather database with products pictures).
We have at least 90 000 products we are selling and we would like to store photographs  for each of them - each product must have several pictures depending the use.

I wonder if Coppermine is able to handle so big number of pictures (300 000 or more)?
If so, how to organize that (organize gallery for each product; for instance if product number is 120912 then create gallery '120912' where we will store all photos concerning this product?)?
Is there any way to insure picture file names are in same convention (like 000001.jpg, 000002.jpg...etc. or similar)?
Any experience in further picture distribution? Suppose I want to upgrade Internet catalogue regularly  taking pictures from coppermine gallery and send them to web server) - I have to write some script or maybe there are some plugins for that?

If anyone who created such catalogue could find few minutes to share experience....

Thanks

Gosforth

gosforth

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Builing up corporate gallery using Coppermine.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:44 pm »

And? No-one use it for corporate needs?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 09:14:18 am »

With a lot of tweaking, this would be possible. But Coppermine was not designed to do what you're up to in the first place. There is no limit to the number of files in Coppermine. However I suggest to review other apps that are designed to do what you want, e.g. osCommerce or similar.

gosforth

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:36:02 am »

Thanks a lot for answer and link. I think http://www.oscommerce.com/ i rather a e-commerce software. We do not want to publish product catalogue on Internet (this is not e-commerce). We need software to keep products photos (to use them in BackOffice applications).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.