Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menu sidebar  (Read 7538 times)

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
Menu sidebar
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:15:21 pm »

I know it's been asked before but the search results have yielded no help to me, so I hope I'll be forgiven T_T

I want to move all of the menus (SYS, SUB and ADMIN) to the left (possibly with an image behind it). The topics I found were mostly from people who either already had it set up half way, or there wasn't any real information in the responses-- I've also looked at the Fruity theme to see if I could find the code, but I can't see anything different in the files aside from the template (is that the only place where the code has to be edited?).

I'm extremely new to Coppermine (if you hadn't guessed) ._.;; so feel free to talk to me like I'm two.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:15:23 am by GauGau »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Menu sidebar
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 11:20:27 pm »

Have you looked at the coppermine demo?

There are a number of themes in there that place the menus at the side. It's easier to look at the code than to try to explain it.

Digital fruit is one example.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/index.php?theme=digital_fruit
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:43:18 pm »

I've tried that already; like I said, I'm completely new to Coppermine and I'm not the best PHP coder in the world (read as: I can copy and paste). Anything beyond style.css and the template is most likely beyond my abilities.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:05 am »

Then post a link to your gallery for a start to make us see what theme you want to see changed. It might be a good idea as well to zip up your custom theme and attach it to your posting (using "additional options").

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 05:26:55 pm »

The theme I'm using is mostly customized, but I used the anime theme as my base.

My site contains adult content and may be offensive to some. You may not need it, but in case you do, it's here: http://u-chan.org/cm/index.php

I've included a zip of my theme files.

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 05:38:18 pm »

Ah, I also created a test account just in case.

Username: test
Password: test

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 05:59:58 pm »

You need to begin by creating somewhere to put your side menu. At the moment your main window takes up the whole width. You need to create a container on either the left or right where you wish your menu. This is done in your template.html file
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:19:33 am »

Aha....x_x I made the container but all I succeeded in doing is moving the menu items to a left align. Strange, it looks fine in dreamweaver O_o

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:57 am »

Okay...I've got them aligned the way I want to, but I want it to be beside the gallery (not included, just beside). Here's a concept image I whipped together of what I want to do.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:29:06 am »

You're running cpg1.4.3, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.12, so you're running 9 versions behind :o. For security reasons it is absolutely mandatory that you upgrade before even considering to look into theming issues!

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 08:31:21 am »

Oh jeez X_x

If I upgrade am I going to lose everything? TwT

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 08:33:42 am »

Wait a minute...that can't be. The only version I have on my computer is 1.4.12, and I installed it myself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:09 am »

If I upgrade am I going to lose everything? TwT
Of course not. What a strange question ::). Do exactly as suggested in the upgrading section of the docs and you'll be fine.

Wait a minute...that can't be. The only version I have on my computer is 1.4.12, and I installed it myself.
Well, then go to your coppermine's config and check the version number showing at the top if you don't trust me.

Okay...I've got them aligned the way I want to, but I want it to be beside the gallery (not included, just beside). Here's a concept image I whipped together of what I want to do.
Find your new theme attached to this posting. Your new custom theme would be even more complete if you would have created the zip as suggested and attached the sub-folder images as well.
Extract the archive and upload the new theme (which is named "uchan") into your themes folder. Then view your revised theme by going to http://u-chan.org/cm/?theme=uchan
If you like the changes, go to your config and set the new theme "uchan" as default theme for everyone.

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 09:14:08 am »

I do trust you, it just seems very strange to me that the version I have on my computer (1.4.12) isn't what's on my server (1.4.3). How in heck did that happen? X_x

Sorry about not bundling up the images ^^; I completely forgot (school just started here and I'm not the brightest crayon in the box right now =P)

Also, thank you! The layout looks fine. Just a little plugging and then it's perfect ^_^

I'll upgrade ASAP.

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 09:17:09 am »

Ahaha...  ._.; One more question--

Why is everything gone? X_X

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 09:22:38 am »

What is gone?

Aelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 09:41:06 am »

Nevermind, I fixed it. Oddly enough when I named the theme folder 'uchan' like how it was in your edit, it wouldn't pull from the CSS at all and the header was gone. Named it to 'anime' again and edited the template and all is well O_o Hmm.

Also, I found out why it's showing as 1.4.3-- I implemented a hack a couple of days ago and it looks like the hack downgraded a couple of my files. It's only five or six files though, and I really need the hack =/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 09:46:41 am »

Keep your upgrading issues into a separate thread, and don't just rename the folder - that's of course wrong, undo that. You'll have to edit the proper stylesheet (the one within the uchan theme).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.