Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Manager selecting two albums in Opera 9.23  (Read 3606 times)

Albel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Symphonic Heaven
Album Manager selecting two albums in Opera 9.23
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:53:37 pm »

When I start editing a new album (after clicking New), Coppermine selects that album and the one below it (or in the case of nothing below it, it skips a "line" and selectes the next "unused" line). I have to click the next row once, then click it again to be able to edit the line below.

This also makes any albums added via the New link be placed above the link, so I have to manually move it down to where it's supposed to be.

I'm using the latest version of Coppermine, and I haven't edited the albmgr.php file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album Manager selecting two albums in Opera 9.23
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:09 am »

I'm using the latest version of Coppermine
No, you're not using the latest version. The term "latest" is silly in the first place. There is a reason why we name our releases with numbers instead of just calling them "latest" or "newest": you can just post what version number you have. In your case, you're running cpg1.4.10 on http://tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/gallery/, while the most recent release currently is cpg1.4.12. Upgrade.

I have no idea what you're talking about in your posting - can not replicate.

Joachim

P.S. You site is loading dead-slow for me. I suggest getting better webhosting.

Albel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Symphonic Heaven
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »

No, you're not using the latest version. The term "latest" is silly in the first place. There is a reason why we name our releases with numbers instead of just calling them "latest" or "newest": you can just post what version number you have. In your case, you're running cpg1.4.10 on http://tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/gallery/, while the most recent release currently is cpg1.4.12. Upgrade.

I have no idea what you're talking about in your posting - can not replicate.

Joachim

P.S. You site is loading dead-slow for me. I suggest getting better webhosting.

How odd...for some reason, the second half batch of the files didn't get upgraded. *kicks FTP program* Plus, the init.inc.php file didn't get updated, hence why it showed 1.4.10 before. I appologize...I swore everything was upgraded before, not partiall like I just discovered.

Anyways, with uploading those 2nd half of the files, one of the issues fixed itself --- now I don't have to double-click to select a album after creating a new one. However, there's the issue of the "New Album" text being highlighted, along with the line two lines down, at the same time, which I think causes any new albums to be added *above*, not below like how it's supposed to function, ala in Firefox2, etc.

Depending on when you viewed the website, you might have caught a time when the server was being upgraded/etc. I know there's been a few times where Coppermine's forum's server has loaded slow in the past, IIRC.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:42:38 pm »

I have tried to replicate you issue, using Opera 9.01 on Windows XP. I'm unable to replicate it, sorry. Try to figure out if this is related to the custom theme that you're using - try exactly the same thing using the classic theme that comes with coppermine. I have no idea what else to advise.

Albel

• Coppermine newbie
    • Symphonic Heaven
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:58:49 am »

I just tried testing it out in the default "Classic" theme, as well as the default skin for Opera.

The only thing I can think is that Opera 9.1 or Opera 9.2 changed something that caused this issue to occur. I haven't toyed around with the inner-workings of the script, so it's not an issue of messing around with the core code.

I'm using the most recent version of Opera (9.23), and Windows Service Pack 2. Now, the only thing I could think is that I have a .msstyle theme running that's a look-a-like of Windows Vista (i.e., I have a patched uxtheme.dll), but that would be really weird if a Windows XP style caused this to occur.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.