Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcement on the gallery's main page?  (Read 4230 times)

zotigo

• Coppermine newbie
Announcement on the gallery's main page?
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:41:44 pm »

How can I have some text appear on the first page of the gallery? The idea is to educate the users as to what and how they should use the albums etc..

Regards,
Zotigo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:54:14 pm by Nibbler »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Announcement on the gallery's main page?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:24 pm »

Why not just use anycontent.php? See http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/php-content.htm#php-content_anycontent
In an ideal world, the welcome message would be presented only once, which is a bit more tricky.

doctorjellybean

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:50:30 pm »

This sounds more or less like what I would like to do. However, I would prefer either to have a link appear somewhere, which when clicked on, opens in a new window. Perhaps the link could appear on the main menu, or as a Topic Title on the index page. The purpose of this is to link to a Tutorial page, which explains how to create albums and upload images. I'm afraid some of my users are not that savvy, hence the need of a Tutorial page which I have created.

It will look far better to have this appear on a separate page as it is quite lengthy with images, etc, and not taking up valuable screen space on the index page.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Why not just use anycontent.php? See http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/php-content.htm#php-content_anycontent
In an ideal world, the welcome message would be presented only once, which is a bit more tricky.

zotigo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:33:11 pm »

Many thanks guys  :-*

Cheers,

Zotigo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:21:27 am »

This sounds more or less like what I would like to do. However, I would prefer either to have a link appear somewhere, which when clicked on, opens in a new window. Perhaps the link could appear on the main menu, or as a Topic Title on the index page. The purpose of this is to link to a Tutorial page, which explains how to create albums and upload images. I'm afraid some of my users are not that savvy, hence the need of a Tutorial page which I have created.

It will look far better to have this appear on a separate page as it is quite lengthy with images, etc, and not taking up valuable screen space on the index page.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Your identical request got solved. In the future, don't double-post nor cross-post.

doctorjellybean

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:40:38 am »

Apologies.

This was the original post, and as there were no response sometime later, I wasn't sure if an identical yet different problem should be posted in an existing thread or not. Hence the separate thread, which I got a response and solution very soon afterwards.

Anyway, point taken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.