Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin, Moderator, SubModerator  (Read 3219 times)

Gephri

• Coppermine frequent poster
Admin, Moderator, SubModerator
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:02:18 pm »

I've been unable to figure a way to do the following:

I'm the Admin for my coppermine gallery
I'd like to allow a sub-group (Moderators) access to their own gallery and the albums in their gallery
Finally, I'd like the sub-group to allow a sub-sub-group access to an individual album within their gallery

(for example: I'm the Admin with all rights,
a sub-group (could be a school principal) can access A SINGLE GALLERY (their school gallery),
a Sub-sub-group (could be a teacher) could accesss A SINGLE ALBUM (their class album)

The closest I've been able to come is changing Member Galleries to act as a School Gallery - principal has access to every album in their own school gallery... but then anyone the principal gives the member name and password to, could access every album in the schools' gallery.

Anyone have a better way...?

Gephri

Re: Admin, Moderator, SubModerator
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:26:01 pm »

The idea of an Admin, Moderator and SubModerator has got to be something that many others can use.  Does anyone have some idea how to achieve?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:10:07 am »

Has been requested many times over. Currently not possible. Would require vast changes in coppermine's permission system.

Gephri

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:19:16 pm »

Thanks GauGau -
So would the following be the a good work-around:
The closest I've been able to come is changing Member Galleries to act as a School Gallery - principal has access to every album in their own school gallery... but then anyone the principal gives the member name and password to, could access every album in the schools' gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.