Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I copy pictures from one album to another  (Read 2249 times)

Canned_Heat

• Coppermine newbie
How can I copy pictures from one album to another
« on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:00 pm »

I need to copy a batch of pictures from one album to another (not move) and I would like to do so leaving picture name, description, keywords, etc. intact?  Can that be done?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:14:04 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How can I copy pictures from one album to another
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:13:53 am »

Use the album keyword feature to accomplish this - that's what it was designed to be used for.
Here's how you accomplish that: go to the album that contain the pics that are suppossed to show up in another album, click on "edit files" next to the thumbnail that represents that album. On the edit files screen, come up with a unique keyword that all those files have in common that a human wouldn't choose as simple keyword. Keep in mind that spaces are being used as separator for keywords. A good keyword (one that I would use on my gallery) would be "HolidayTranssylvania2007WithBradAndJanet". Assign that keyword (without the quotes) to all files that are suppossed to show up in another album. Then submit the changes. Final step: go to the album that is suppossed to contain the copies. Navigate to the properties screen of that album (use the "properties" button next to the thumbnail that represents the album) and enter the keyword you chose ("HolidayTranssylvania2007WithBradAndJanet" in above example) into the field "Album Keyword" field (again without the quotes) on the properties page and submit the form. Observe the results - pretty nifty, eh. One drawback though: an album that only contains files linked from another album (using the album keyword feature) and no actual "non-linked" files can not be represented with a thumbnail. So I suggested uploading at least one "real" pic to the album that is suppossed to contain the linked files and assign the thumbnail of that file to the album.

HTH

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.