Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass Import problem!!!  (Read 3747 times)

freeedy

• Coppermine novice
Mass Import problem!!!
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:04:30 pm »

Its not a critical problem but its really annoying. I really think that mass import is one of the best and more useful plugins, but the problem is the following.
I am from Mexico, and in spanish we have some special characters like ñ or graphic accents like á é í ó ú. So when I upload the folders it changes this symbols to a square, then I change them manually in the album preferences. The problem comes when I do another upload, the plugin detects this folders with accents like other foldes and it uploads them again.

Is it possible to make the folders in my host to have unicode utf-8 texts?
Or it is a problem with the plugin?

Nibbler

Re: Mass Import problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:13:43 pm »

Avoid using special characters in folder names. Use dates or something reliable instead.

freeedy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 11:40:38 pm »

Actually what I want to know is if there is a way to use them.
There is no problem with the accents, I can omit them, but the ñ is really important, and is plenty used.
For example I have a gallery that says año nuevo, which is new year, but if I write ano nuevo it will say new anus

There is no trick to permit this special caracters? Something like changing all the files of the plugin to unicode utf 8? Of the lang or soemthing else?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 03:34:22 pm »

File and folders names are not important to end users at all. So I can't see the point why you can't use a folder name "ano_nuevo", even if the spelling is incorrect. After all, this is a matter of technology, and batch-add/mass-import is a technological help for the admin. The admin should know about naming issues on the internet and be able to avoid it. It is understandable that end users who use http uploads don't know that they should not use special chars in file names even though their desktop operating system allows them to do so. That's why we replace special chars with web-safe characters on upload. I just can't see your point, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.