Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Categorically Confused  (Read 2366 times)

zac

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Categorically Confused
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:48:45 am »

Hi .. I am trying to organize my albums and i found a glitch in my install.  The user galleries will not go away from the category list.  I found this in the docs

There is, however, a special category named "User galleries". This category can't be deleted. If a user belongs to the group "can have a personal gallery" and this is set to YES, he will have the right to create his own albums and his gallery will be a sub-category of "User galleries". This link is not visible to visitors of your site, however, if you do not allow users to upload pics and have their own albums.

???  I have set all options for personal gallery and public albums upload to "no" for all of the groups.  Yet still on the home page of the gallery there is the category User Galleries which contains 3 albums and 0 files.  Where are these albums ?  I have moved every album in the gallery to a new category.  I updated to 1.4.12 ... I am out of ideas.  Anyone know what else I should try ?

zoinks

• Coppermine newbie
    • Zoinks! Graphics
Re: Categorically Confused
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:37:42 am »

I'm having the same problem, albums showing up under personal categories even though "Personal gallery" options for all users & groups has been turned off in the admin. If fact, not just turned off, but never been on in the first place. Any of the CPG pros or coders have any insight into what's going on and how to fix?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Categorically Confused
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:42:02 am »

You have to make sure that there are no more user-created personal galleries. Empty ones will not be displayed, but they still exist. This might not be obvious for everyone. It's a little tricky to remove those empty albums (see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=46633.0) - the method how to remove them is being explained here as well: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31917.msg148529#msg148529
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.