Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modpack or something else?... 406 error  (Read 4864 times)

askier

• Coppermine newbie
modpack or something else?... 406 error
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:35:02 pm »

Hi all,

OK, here's a brief overview.  Up until a couple months ago, I had a perfectly working 1.3.x CG with Stramm's earlier Modpack.
Then I updated to 1.4.10, no Modpack.  Still perfection.
Then, today, I updated to 1.4.12.  Upgrade was a piece of cake, no errors, version check confirmed it all as perfect.
Then I applied the latest Mod.  Again, no problems....

Now, I went into config to try to test new themes, update my thumbnails and such AND every single time I try to do anything, I get '406 Not Acceptable' eror:
"Not Acceptable - An appropriate representation of the requested resource /gal/admin.php could not be found on this server."

Now, I can't even turn on the debug option to try to understand where the problem occurred.  File permissions are mostly set to 755 (not that I've changed them at any point).  Error.log is not registering anything.  Am I missing something?  Any ideas?  ???

Thx,
askier
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 04:56:32 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: modpack or something else?... 406 error
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:01:24 pm »

Your host might block requests for files named admin. Try renaming the file and see if that helps. Otherwise you will need to contact them.

askier

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 12:26:12 am »

Nibbler, thx for being prompt but that's not it.

Renaming it just changes the error message to reflect that path - i.e. instead of referring to admin.php it refers to the renamed file.  Also, while it won't save the changes, I can access admin.php without a problem and navigate through it.  It's just the saving that seems to be an issue.  Also, admin.php for wordpress isn't affected, which makes me think this has got to be CG-related.

Any other ideas?
askier

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:07:55 am »

I'm convinced it's a security issue so ask your host. Many of them use tools that detect suspicious behaviour and have been known to interfere with Coppermine. Perhaps the number of post fields on the admin form is higher than some arbitrary limit.

askier

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 01:20:39 am »

Hmm, OK, I'll talk to them though something like this out of the blue is a bit strange.
In the meantime, how would I go about changing into debug mode manually?  Is there a field in the db or one of the php files that could be edited to enable this?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 01:25:04 am »

See http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/debug_mode.php

I don't think it will help you though.

askier

• Coppermine newbie
Re: modpack or something else?... 406 error [resolved]
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 01:46:00 am »

Nibbler, thanks!  Turns out you were right and the problem was on the hosting end - they turned on mod_security out of the blue.  Corrected and resolved!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.