Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List  (Read 3613 times)

deandre81

• Coppermine newbie
List
« on: August 14, 2007, 04:37:10 am »

Hi,
Is there a list of systems that Coppermine can be integrated into?

because i need to find a cms of the sort that offer events list, phpbb forum integration, chat and a video mod or video script integration, ability to build my own pages easily
like have an html template and integrate it into the site as a new link or someting easy.
and blog and coopermine integraton

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: List
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:19 am »

Yes: this list resides in the documentation. Please read the docs before asking questions. There are some user-contributed (i.e. unsupported) bridges that are not covered in the docs - afaik there are user-contributed bridges for Joomla and WBB. Additionally, there is a mod for Wordpress integration.

because i need to find a cms
Coppermine is not a CMS, but a picture and multimedia gallery.

deandre81

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »

ok
but i dont see anything for Drupal, Silva or Plone

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:11:44 pm »

If you can't see it, then it probably doesn't exist, or we're not aware of it. We offer bridging, which is a method to share authentification and user management with another application. It doesn't mean that coppermine is visually integrated into another application, e.g. a content management systems.
Quite frankly, I don't even know what Silva or Plone is (and I'm not overly keen to find out). Imo those community-building wannabe-CMS are all terribly Nineties.

Joachim

P.S. I forgot to mention that there is a mod for integration Coppermine into PostNuke that seems to work with Drupal as well (I have no idea about both though). There are third-party sites that have created coppermine ports for e107, xoops and PragmaMX. We're not involved with those projects. Please don't ask questions related to those third-party ports here.

deandre81

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 11:16:42 pm »

Sorry
but its just that i want to move my site into a cms system but still be able to keep my coppermine gallery which plays a vital role in my site.
so based on what system i choose, i want to know that my coppermine can be a part of it.

and is there a place i can post about third party apps on this site
because i want to know why u said "those community-building wannabe-CMS are all terribly Nineties"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:03:27 am »

By the end of the nineties, everybody thought they needed to build a community, which lead to an increase of portal systems (sadly, they are being misinterpreted as CMS). However, only a few sites managed to actually build a community that lasted. That's just a matter of taste and just my personal impression. Don't worry about it.
There's no place here to discuss those third-party apps, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.