Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lost pictures after gallery creation  (Read 2724 times)

crazydad

• Coppermine newbie
lost pictures after gallery creation
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:14:21 am »

hi

is there any way to edit the text on the "upload file" page to warn users to create an album before they upload any files. if they try to create an album after the files have been uploaded, the files are gone (or are they???)

please, any answers in very plain english :-\

thanks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:26:30 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: lost pictures after gallery creation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:42:29 am »

Not sure what you mean: if users don't have permission to upload to at least one album, they will be told so on the upload screen. If they have at least one album their uploads can go to, their upload is accepted. Subsequently, in stage one of the upload the specify the files they want to upload. In stage two, they specify what albums their upload should go to. If they skip the second stage (i.e. if they fail to specify where their uploads is suppossed to go), their uploaded files are lost. Technically speaking, they then reside in a temporary folder on the webserver's diskspace, where they are being deleted after some time by a garbage collection routine.
If you have issues with uploading, you should do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. It is mandatory that you do so if you need help with uploading.

crazydad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:38 pm »

hi again, sorry for being so vague. what i was meaning to say was that the users do have permission to upload to various albums in the gallery but i meant that if they want to create a personal album and don't do so before uploading their images, the uploads will be lost and will have to be uploaded again after they create an album. i was just wondering if i could edit the text on the upload file page to 'warn' them to create a personal album before uploading anything.

hope this is a bit clearer

thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 03:15:36 pm »

Edit your language file eg. lang/english.php

crazydad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 04:10:53 pm »

thats it!! ;D

thanks very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.