Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Language display problem  (Read 7290 times)

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
Chinese Language display problem
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:09:35 am »

Recently I just installed CPG onto my website. I'll be very much appreciated if anybody can advise how to solve the Chinese Language display problem as below:

Coppermine Version: 1.4.12
Language & Charset settings (Configuration) -
"Language": [ English ]
"Character encoding": [ Unicode (utf-8) ]

Problems:

- when the "Chinese Tradition" / "Chinese Simplified" is selected in the "Language Selection Bar", the Menu changed from English to Chinese properly;

- all the Chinese characters which user typed in are displayed in question mark "?" before or after the "Chinese Tradition" / "Chinese Simplified" is selected in the "Language Selection Bar".

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:12:36 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Chinese Language display problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 12:24:05 am »

This section is for posts actually written in Chinese. Since you are able to post in English you should use the general support board. Moving your thread there now. Please post a link to your Coppermine gallery.

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 02:57:03 am »

Thanks, Nibbler but isn't it here is the "general support board"? 

I'm looking at each sub-board in the "cpg1.4x Support", I don't see any sub-board fit my question other than this one "cpg1.4miscellaneous". Shoul I re-post my question again on this sub-board?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks again.   

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 02:59:07 am »

by the way, here's the link to my gallery:

bonavie.com/album

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:49 am »

Thanks, Nibbler but isn't it here is the "general support board"? 

I'm looking at each sub-board in the "cpg1.4x Support", I don't see any sub-board fit my question other than this one "cpg1.4miscellaneous". Shoul I re-post my question again on this sub-board?
You initially started your thread on the sub-board "Language Specific Support > 中文 (Chinese)". That board is dedicated to threads in Chinese. You posted in ENglish. That's why your thread got moved to this board. So you're on the right board, as you thread got moved.

You failed to post a link to your gallery in your initial posting, that's why nobody replied with actual advice except the notification that your thread got moved.

Actual clickable link to your gallery in Chinese is http://bonavie.com/album/index.php?lang=chinese_big5
Everything works as expected there for me (see screenshot), so I'm unable to advise anything.
Post a screenshot of what you see.

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:27:43 pm »

Thanks, GauGau.

Here's the screenshot.

The Chinese characters changed to '???'. They didn't work well eventhough I changed it in  'Language Selection Bar' or from 'View/ Character Encoding / Unicode (UTF-8) or Chinese Simplified or Chinese Tradition'.

Please advise.

Regards.

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:29:51 pm »

just forgot posting the screenshot 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:01:06 am »

Oh, wow: you took the word "screenshot" literal and actually used a camera to take a photo of your PC monitor? It would have been enough to just create a screenshot using the [PrintScreen]-key on your keyboard.
The reason why your chinese char is not being displayed is pretty straightforward: you set your gallery's encoding to iso8859-1 (western/latin), which will of course not enable you to use other chars than latin ones. You'll have to set your gallery to use utf-8 (unicode), which is the default. You shouldn't have changed the default if you have no idea what the impact is. The sad thing is: all your textual content will be displayed garbled once you change from iso8859-1 to utf-8, so you'll have to convert your textual content using charset manager (charsetmgr.php).

skeepper

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 11:21:21 pm »

Many thanks, GauGau.

Best regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.