Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple galleries from one database and one CPG install  (Read 2229 times)

AndrewC

• Coppermine novice
Multiple galleries from one database and one CPG install
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »

Correct me if my terminology is wrong but just so it's clear what I talking about:

I have images stored in a database
These images are displayed in albums
The albums collected into categories
The categories grouped in a gallery

I know I can have multiple installs of CPG which access different tables in a single database - I already do this.
I want to have multiple galleries reading from a single database and would like to do it from a single CPG install. All galleries have the same look.
The reason I want to do this is to "group" images into separate galleries and then only have to update one install / theme when necessary.
The reason for different galleries/groups is that with a single gallery it can become very vertical in its organization and I want to have some lateral structure.

If this is possible please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Andrew

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Multiple galleries from one database and one CPG install
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:53:08 am »

That's why the categories can have sub-categories. In fact they can be nested infinitely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.