Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one day it works, next day it doesn't. What's up?  (Read 3576 times)

evensteven

• Coppermine newbie
one day it works, next day it doesn't. What's up?
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:26 am »

I've been using your script on a site that I manage for a local band and everything's been working fine. Until today. I attempted to upload some images from their latest gig and the process failed so I went exploring. Eventually, after I followed all of your instructions
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:00:36 am by GauGau »

evensteven

• Coppermine newbie
One day it works, next day it doesn't...What's up?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:17 am »

Suddenly I can't upload any images. It worked fine yesterday and I haven't changed anything. Your script is available to me as part of a package from my web host, with Fantastico as the default installer. When I started investigating I was told I needed to upgrade to the latest version. Which I did, to no avail. I followed your "troubleshooting instructions" TO THE LETTER! Still without result so I went searching on my own and finally stumbled upon an error message which told me that this file was missing and I needed to replace it.

"albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!"

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have no idea what that file is or how to go about replacing it.
I'm using your script on one of my client's websites so this is potentially a major problem for me. I woul really appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

E.S.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: one day it works, next day it doesn't. What's up?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:35:27 am »

Merged your identical threads into one. In the future, don't double-post!

I followed your "troubleshooting instructions" TO THE LETTER!
Oh yes, really? Then let me quote it to you, highlighting the part that you obviously haven't read and therefor failed to "follow to the letter" ::):
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Are you still convinced that you "followed it to the letter"? I'm not so sure... >:(

evensteven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:45:53 pm »

First of all , lose the attitude dude!
The double post was an accident.
And yes, I did read the part you so condescendingly pointed out . I also created the user acct as per your instructions. I just neglected to post a link. An oversight on my part, hardly worthy of the tone of your response. I assure you, if we were speaking face to face, you would be far more polite, my arrogant friend.

www.theshouters.org/gallery
admin
admin

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:05:50 am »

I've got Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

so check this thread
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=39785.0
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

evensteven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:18:21 am »

Thank you sir!
You helped me resolve my issue with a simple, straight forward reply.
I appreciate your professionalism. You should teach your partner some manners!

E.S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.