Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .bmp dont upload.  (Read 2790 times)

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
.bmp dont upload.
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:50:05 am »

Hey,

When i try to upload a .bmp it goes to the screen where you choose an album and the thumbnail is a white box with a red cross. Then you continue the upload and it dosent upload.

File types are set to: ALL

Thanks,
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:09:39 pm by GauGau »
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: .bmp dont upload.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 01:39:25 pm »

The GD library can not handle BMPs, but only JPG, PNG and GIF, no matter what you specify in the config setting you refered to. It's not a bright idea to use BMPs on the internet in the first place - convert them on your client before uploading them. Since you haven't specified what image library you use I'm assuming that you only have GD.
For details, post details: the upload trouble shooting section of the docs is a must-read when asking for support on upload issues. Not doing as suggested there means: no support.

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 02:46:48 pm »

Ok, sorry i read the other section read me, didnt know they were different.  ::)

yeah i use GD 2. ok thanks 4 that.
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:16 pm »

i read the other section read me
What "other section readme"? There's only one valid documentation - the one we provide. All other, summarized documents clearly say that you have to consult the full, original documentation first. The readme.txt file that comes with the coppermine package clearly says that it's a short overview and that you're supposed to read the entire documentation:
CPG - Coppermine Photo Gallery Quick-Start Guide
================================================

Congratulations on downloading the most recent, most powerful, and feature rich version of Coppermine, ever. You've already made the right decision in selecting Coppermine as your photo gallery script and just about now, you're probably wondering how to get started and you want to install CPG A.S.A.P. Right? Before that, however, make another "right" decision and take some time out to read the 'fascinating' manuals (RTFM) that come with Coppermine.

Look in the folder that you just extracted your Coppermine files into. In it, you'll find a folder called 'docs'. All the documentation for installation, faqs, administration, troubleshooting, modifying themes, and more is there. Familiarize yourself with the contents of the various docs to enhance your CPG experience and create the gallery that you've always dreamed about, in the least amount of time, and with the least amount of set-backs and frustration. Read it and in no time at all, your friends and relatives will be praising you and gawking at your incredible photo-gallery.

Even if you are installing this as an upgrade from an older version of Coppermine, you'll still need to read the docs for directions and to understand some of the major changes between CPG 1.4x and all previous versions. You'll need to know what can and cannot be ported from your previous installation to this new version. It is important to note that upgrade installations are considerably different from update installations. For example, In version 1.3.5, an 'update' to 1.3.4, the Classic theme's theme.php script was a whopping 1487 lines long. In 1.4.x, an upgrade, it's a mere 24. Nope, this is NOT a miss-type. So where did all that code go? Read the docs. Your custom themes from previous versions will undoubtedly need some changes made to it before you can use them in this new version. So, just how do you go about doing that? RTFM!

This download is a stand-alone version of Coppermine Photo Gallery– if you are looking for something that integrates with a CMS (content management system), you should visit http://www.cpgnuke.com.

Ok, okay, so you don't want to read the documentation. At least, "not just yet," you say. You just want to get it up and running. Poke around and see what's what. Well, you've been warned! The rest of this guide will help walk you through the basics of installing Coppermine as a fresh, stand-alone (non-upgrade) install. (If you are trying to upgrade from a previous installation of coppermine, you already know what to do - RTFM.) Ready?

[...]

Experiment with it with just a few pictures, categories, and albums at first. Set it up exactly the way you want it before adding a bunch of pictures. Most of all have a good time! Oh yeah, and don't forget, RTFM!

The Coppermine Dev Team
http://coppermine-gallery.net

The FAQ say so as well:
This document is the second best resource to understand Coppermine - it's mandatory that you read the documentation first that comes with your Coppermine package.

Finally, board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up) say that it's mandtory to have read the documentation before even being allowed to post a question.

In the future: read the documentation (the one and only genuine documentation that comes with coppermine and that is available online as well) before you post your question.
Ok, sorry i read the other section read me, didnt know they were different.  ::)
sound like a lame excuse to me.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.