Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: disable imagemagick/automatic thumbs  (Read 3463 times)

bajs

• Coppermine regular visitor
disable imagemagick/automatic thumbs
« on: August 08, 2007, 05:34:27 pm »

I wonder if there is any way to disable the thumbnails that are created automaticly by imagemagick? I'd like to upload my own, manually created thumbnails.

Nibbler

LuthienMoss

Re: disable imagemagick/automatic thumbs
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:59:45 pm »

so if usign that method, imagemagick will be disabled? Cause I need to disable imagemagick (it causes an error) or will imagemagick be used in any way at all?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:47:25 am »

If the thumbnails already exist, coppermine will not attempt to create them and subsequently the image library you chose in coppermine's config (ImageMagick or GD) will not be used. However, if your question actually is "help, I don't have ImageMagick at all and get an error message whenever coppermine tries to create a thumbnail", the answer would be: have you tried if you have GD? Use the method described in the FAQ ("How do I find out which version of GD I have?") and change the "method for resizing images" in Coppermine's config from "ImageMagick" to "GD2".
Keep in mind that it's part of the minimum requirements for Coppermine to have one of the two possible image libraries (ImageMagick or GD) available on the server. It doesn't make sense imo to circumvent this by creating the thumbnails and intermediate pictures manually.

bajs

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:24:45 pm »

If the thumbnails already exist, coppermine will not attempt to create them and subsequently the image library you chose in coppermine's config (ImageMagick or GD) will not be used.

then that sounds great!

However, if your question actually is "help, I don't have ImageMagick at all and get an error message whenever coppermine tries to create a thumbnail"
Nope, not my question. My wish is to actually disable ImageMagick, I dont want it used.

Keep in mind that it's part of the minimum requirements for Coppermine to have one of the two possible image libraries (ImageMagick or GD) available on the server
Hmm ... available you say? Is it possible to have it available, but not to use it ... right?

It doesn't make sense imo to circumvent this by creating the thumbnails and intermediate pictures manually.
Oh dang I didnt think about the intermediate pictures ... Those are done by imagemagick too, I assume. Reason is because imagemagick causes an unwanted server process. Options is to either disable magick or switch galleries. Im too lazy to learn a new gallery script.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 05:31:25 pm »

Switch to GD2 then; that doesn't spawn an external process.

LuthienMoss

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 07:43:36 pm »

for some reason, that doesnt work :/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 12:48:30 pm »

Then find out the reason. "Doesn't work" does not qualify as a valid error report. If you want us to help you troubleshoot your issue, you should come up with details. For a start, take a look at phpinfo and check if PHP on your server has been compiled with GD2-support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.