Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail creation problem  (Read 2496 times)

zerospace

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnail creation problem
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:07:14 pm »

I apologize if this is something that indeed has already been answered, but I've searched on this board for the past couple days and found nothing that quite resembles my problem. It's not a dire emergency or anything, but I'd really like to understand what's going on.

About a month ago, I discovered that ImageMagick no longer worked to create my thumbnail images. I've almost always used batch uploads with no problems with ImageMagick. I checked the path to it in the configuration area, and found that it did not match what my host had listed as the path -- so I changed it, and it worked again. Now, when I say it no longer worked - I mean on the 'searchnew.php' pages during batch upload, no thumbnails would be displayed for new images (only the thumbs for images already in the albums & database). I was also getting the 127 error from ImageMagick when attempting to add the images.

So now, a month later, I try again to upload some images, only to encounter the same problem again, only this time, I try several of the paths my host gives me, and none work. So I change over to GD2 - and that works, but I still get no thumbnails for new images on the searchnew.php page - despite that the thumbnails DO get created and the images are indeed added to the gallery.

What's really confusing me is I've changed the settings back to ImageMagick and now I get no errors, but when I get to the page that displays whether or not my items were added successfully (you know, the OK or NA images next to each file) I don't get the images, I just get a link to a blank page. I can't tell what is making the thumbnails now -- at least not for certain, but the behavior is like it did as soon as I switched over to GD2.

I've been in touch with my host about the ImageMagick problem, and unfortunately the point I reached with them was that I needed to be certain that it wasn't a problem with my Coppermine installation.

Any ideas? I'll post any links needed and/or create a test account if necessary. On a side note, single file uploads appear to work fine, but I still cannot tell what is generating the thumbnails now. Again, it isn't a dire emergency, but I'd like to have those thumbnails on the searchnew.php page back again...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:02:01 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thumbnail creation problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:19:19 pm »

I'll post any links needed and/or create a test account if necessary.
The upload troubleshooting section of the docs say that posting a link and non-admin test user account is absolutely necessary no matter what upload method you are having troubles with, so do that now.

zerospace

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Thumbnail creation problem
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:57:11 pm »

Well, I went to follow your instructions -- and somehow.. while setting up the test account and testing a file upload with it, I managed to fix the problem. ImageMagick now works and I have the thumbnails back. Out of curiosity though, could this have been some sort of caching thing? Because I didn't change much while doing this.

I also forgot to mention before, the problem manifested while running 1.4.10 and I upgraded to 1.4.12 in the meantime.

Anyways, thanks for the assistance. Apparently I needed a good swift kick in the butt.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.