Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't create a thumbnail error  (Read 5544 times)

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
Can't create a thumbnail error
« on: August 07, 2007, 05:48:06 pm »

Hello,
I had installed the Stramm plugin to my gallery. I couldn't figure out how it worked so I removed it. Now, when I try to add new pictures to my gallery, it says "upload successful", but when I actually try to put the picture in the appropriate album, it says "error, unable to creat thumbnail, addition unsucessful" :( Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:15:25 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Can't create a thumbnail error
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:49:33 pm »

What does this have to do with themes? Moving to upload section.

Follow the upload troubleshooting guide.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:43:02 pm »

Sorry about that. The information you provided me with however, was unhelpful. Thanks anyway

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:59:53 pm »

The information you are providing me with is unhelpful. Do as suggested if you want support.

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:42 pm »

The information you are providing me with is unhelpful. Do as suggested if you want support.
The attitude is unnecessary.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 08:11:16 pm »

Locking.

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Will not create thumbnails or process new pictures.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:28:38 am »

Funny how a lot of people (myself included) seem to be having this "add file/no thumbnail" error.  :-\

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:29:55 am »

And I followed the trouble shooting as directed too. Oh well...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 09:49:18 am »

Funny how a lot of people (myself included) seem to be having this "add file/no thumbnail" error.  :-\
It's funny how many people are being told to do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs, but utterly fail to do so and instead post a rant here. Do as suggested if you want support. If you don't, don't expect support.

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 10:47:58 am »

It's funny how many people are being told to do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs, but utterly fail to do so and instead post a rant here. Do as suggested if you want support. If you don't, don't expect support.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I did as suggested. You guys really are great--always here to help and I appreciate that ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 12:00:39 pm »

I did as suggested.
and
And I followed the trouble shooting as directed too. Oh well...
Oh really? How come that I can't spot the link to your gallery and the non-admin test user account? In the upload troubleshooting section that I already have refered to multiple times (and that I have told you to read extra carefully) this is clearly explained. As you appear to be a lazy person when it comes to reading a bit of instruction that is only one click away, let me quote the upload troubleshooting section of the docs, highlighting the important part (the one that you obviously failed to read):
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.
I'm doing my best trying to sound sarcastic in this posting. It is very frustrating for supporters if people don't do as suggested. What else can you do expect becoming a bit sarcastic ???

You haven't reported an error message that says that. You only have reported a "403 forbidden" error.

Now let's start over with this thread: do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. If you do that in your next posting, we will be able to continue this thread and give you actual support. If you don't (and just post a useless rant instead), I'll lock this thread and ban your user account, as I know better ways to waste my time than repeating the same mantra over and over.

Joachim

webmisslala

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 06:08:04 pm »

andOh really? How come that I can't spot the link to your gallery and the non-admin test user account? In the upload troubleshooting section that I already have refered to multiple times (and that I have told you to read extra carefully) this is clearly explained. As you appear to be a lazy person when it comes to reading a bit of instruction that is only one click away, let me quote the upload troubleshooting section of the docs, highlighting the important part (the one that you obviously failed to read):I'm doing my best trying to sound sarcastic in this posting. It is very frustrating for supporters if people don't do as suggested. What else can you do expect becoming a bit sarcastic ???
You haven't reported an error message that says that. You only have reported a "403 forbidden" error.

Now let's start over with this thread: do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. If you do that in your next posting, we will be able to continue this thread and give you actual support. If you don't (and just post a useless rant instead), I'll lock this thread and ban your user account, as I know better ways to waste my time than repeating the same mantra over and over.

Joachim
The link to my gallery is http://www.brandyweb.net/photos
I still can't get it to work, but thank you for the information.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 07:15:01 pm »

1) In the future, don't try to hijack unrelated threads. Nibbler cleaned up after you messed with the thread "Will not create thumbnails or process new pictures."
2) Upgrade! Your version is outdated.
3) I told you so often already to do as suggested! Where's the test user account?
How come that I can't spot the link to your gallery and the non-admin test user account?
Again you failed to do as suggested. I'm sick of having to repeat this over and over. It appears that this is just a lame trolling attempt.

As suggested: re-locking this thread. Banning your account. Don't dare to come back and re-register. Farewell.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.