Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADMIN ACCESS GONE--after Restore settings in CONFIG TAB  (Read 7205 times)

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
ADMIN ACCESS GONE--after Restore settings in CONFIG TAB
« on: August 03, 2007, 03:27:59 am »

I have LOST my ADMIN ACCESS after I accidentally clicked on "restore default settings", instead of "UPDATE" when I was in the CONFIG tab.

The ADMIN access is gone. I have cleared cookies--I have read other posts, but I didn't find an answer to my solution. Please advise (in "layman's term"--I don't understand the codes, acrynyms, etc). How do I restore my ADMIN ACCESS? Thanks!  :)

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
Re: ADMIN ACCESS GONE--after Restore settings in CONFIG TAB
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 03:46:04 am »

Here is the link: http://stampindamour.com/gallery/config.php

Plus, no one is able to UPLOAD photos either...not sure what I did in CONFIG to mess things up! :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 07:30:37 am »

You need to update your gallery first - you're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.12.

There are instructions how to retrieve a lost admin password:

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 08:21:27 am »

Vielen Dank, aber dies hat mein Problem nicht gelöst.

How do I restore the ADMIN PANEL? I have spent the PAST 5 hours reading through these postings on this forum and have NOT found the answer--even in similiar postings.

I didn't lose the PASSWORD--just want to restore ADMIN ACCESS.

I am in the php files in my Host site--what to do & what to change in the admin.php file? Please advise. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 08:52:51 am »

admin.php is just a PHP file - it doesn't hold any config settings. To restore config settings to any value, you'll have to edit the database. There is no point in modifying admin.php. If you can't access admin.php in your browser (i.e. if coppermine doesn't recognize you as an admin), you'll have to figure out why this happens. Does your admin login not stick? Does your admin login not work in the first place (i.e. do you get an error message that says "couldn't log you in, try again").

I have LOST my ADMIN ACCESS after I accidentally clicked on "restore default settings", instead of "UPDATE" when I was in the CONFIG tab.

The ADMIN access is gone.
What do you mean by that? What does "admin access is gone" actually mean. Provide details if you need help.

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:30:13 pm »

http://stampindamour.com/gallery/admin.php---when I type this in my browser, I get this error message:

You don't have permission to access this page.

Still says "log-in" on the page (not log out like before).

Same computer--same two browsers I have always used. Nothing different on my PC--except that I selected "Restore default settings" (in error) in the CONFIG TAB.

Cleared cookies

Nothing is working.

Please advise. Many thanks!  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 08:38:20 pm »

I have understood that you can't access the config. If you want help, answer my question:
Does your admin login not stick? Does your admin login not work in the first place (i.e. do you get an error message that says "couldn't log you in, try again").

Replies like
Nothing is working.
is not a valid answer. Provide a detailed description of what you do and what you see during the login process. Don't type adresses into the browser's address bar manually - this won't help you if your login doesn't work in the first place.

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 11:20:20 pm »

When I currently log in on the CPG page--it says "Welcome...." and then goes back to the same screen I started from (no, it does NOT stick?). The ADMIN TABS do NOT appear like previously. Also the screen USED to feature "logout" after I had logged in.

Now it still says "log in" on the page even when I am logged in. (I hope I am providing the answers that you seek to aid me in resolving this).

I log in from the page links, not manual typing in the browser.... :)

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 11:22:47 pm »

I do NOT receive this message when I log in on the page: ..."couldn't log you in, try again".

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 11:46:41 am »

So the basic issue is that login works, but doesn't stick. This is usually related to cookie issues. Do you have third-party tools installed on your desktop that interfere with cookies? Notorious "Norton Internet Security" and similar pseudo-security crap comes into mind.
Additionally, you're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.12 - upgrading is mandatory.

jucaem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:56:30 am »

So the basic issue is that login works, but doesn't stick. This is usually related to cookie issues. Do you have third-party tools installed on your desktop that interfere with cookies? Notorious "Norton Internet Security" and similar pseudo-security crap comes into mind.
Additionally, you're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.12 - upgrading is mandatory.

I have deleted "cookies" on BOTH BROWSERS and other thrird-party Security Software have been disabled or are NOT on my PC (Norton, ADWARE, etc).

I have attempted logging in on a different PC with the same situation occuring (log-in doesn't stick--says "Welcome", but NO ADMIN TABS appear). No USERS (on their own PC) are able to UPLOAD photos either. The USERS receive an error  message "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"--the USERS did NOT previously receive this message. 

Will upgrading resolve the log-in issue?
Please advise. Many thanks!  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:02:14 am »

Upgrading is mandatory anyway and may or may not solve your issues. Do as I suggested and upgrade!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.