Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need theme recommendation for integrated advertising  (Read 2925 times)

robmarkg

• Coppermine newbie
Need theme recommendation for integrated advertising
« on: July 29, 2007, 08:26:09 am »

Hi all,

I have an application where I am using pictures and images, and after dabbling with Gallery, I realize that Coppermine is much better.  My application is fairly simple but I want to integrate advertising into the application.  Galley had one them that was a stripped down "bare minimum" used for integrating into other applications and I would like something like that.  I will be calling each Album into a frameset and I would like a large "leaderboard" banner ad at the top with the thumbnails below.  If the controls are still there I want them to take minimal space.  The effect I am looking for is the leaderboard ad followed by the thumbnails.  When a user clicks on one of the thumbnails, I would also like a leaderboard ad to appear above the full sized picture that is displayed. 

I'm using phpAds, but it doesn't matter- adsense works the same way and I will just need to know were to put the code.  Could someone recommend a good theme for this?  I could go through the hundreds that are available, but I am sure this is a fairly common issue and if someone could give me a few theme recommendations it would save me some time.

Thank you

Rob 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need theme recommendation for integrated advertising
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 12:28:26 pm »

Depends on where you want your ads to appear. Post a link to your gallery for a start. Then attach a screenshot to your posting (using "additional options" when composing your message) that highlights the section where you want the ads to appear. This has indeed been asked very often already, and of course it has been answered many times over as well. There can be no generic answer as I suggested, as it depends on where you want your ads to appear. For details, you might as well search the board for the term "adsense" or "phpAds", as the threads you will get as a result would have told you what you need to do. The only difference between the method used for adsense and phpAds is that adsense just uses HTML plus JavaScript and can therefor be inserted both in themes/yourtheme/template.html as well as in themes/yourtheme/theme.php, while phpAds (which is PHP driven afaik) can only be used in themes/yourtheme/theme.php (as only that file can contain PHP code).

and after dabbling with Gallery, I realize that Coppermine is much better.
Thanks for that, but we don't see Menalto Gallery as a rival. Basically it depends on both your skill level and your intended use for the gallery application (Menalto Gallery vs. Coppermine) which one is better for you. In my opinion, this is more a matter of taste. Menalto has some features that make it unqiue as well as Coppermine. Your decision for one or the other depends on your needs.

Galley had one them that was a stripped down "bare minimum" used for integrating into other applications and I would like something like that.
There are loads of user-contributed themes. Pick one that will serve best your purpose.

I will be calling each Album into a frameset and I would like a large "leaderboard" banner ad at the top with the thumbnails below.
Using frames or iframes is not recommended at all. Frames have severe drawbacks. They should be avoided whenever possible. To be able to tell you more, a link to your gallery and your overall site would help a lot.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.