Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1. Navigation options for top/bottom of thumbnail pages  (Read 5941 times)

vindog

• Coppermine novice
1. Navigation options for top/bottom of thumbnail pages
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »

Preface with this: using a hosted solution from Intermedia.net; as a developer I'm sure you can customize many things, but I am stuck with whatever version they implement and upgrade to. Since you can't handle all enhancement requests consolidated, I have broken them out per your request.

1. Navigation options for top/bottom of thumbnail pages- you should be able to traverse the thumbnail pages from top right/left, bottom right/left.  Users don't know there are more pages if they can't get to the navigation unless they are at the bottom.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:10:10 pm by vindog »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 1. Navigation options for top/bottom of thumbnail pages
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 05:54:34 pm »

Preface with this: using a hosted solution from Intermedia.net
This is invalid - it doesn't matter where you're hosted at. If you meant to say that you're using a pre-made/pre-installed gallery there, then I have to tell you that we do not recommend nor support pre-made installations (by auto-installers like Fantastico). The only supported method to install coppermine is the one we descibe in our documentation.

Navigation options for top/bottom of thumbnail pages- you should be able to traverse the thumbnail pages from top right/left, bottom right/left.  Users don't know there are more pages if they can't get to the navigation unless they are at the bottom.
Clarification request: you're requesting the pagination (the links leading to the next set of thumbnail pages within an album) on thumbnail pages not only to appear at the bottom (below the thumbnails), but as well at the top (above the thumbnails), correct?

Joachim

vindog

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:38:39 am »

A hosted solution from Intermedia.net gives me a coppermine that has your codebase.  That codebase does not have the features I think are better...like having navigation at the top and bottom of the thumbnail page.  I do not have the ability to customize your codebase, play with configuration files, etc.  I think the interface should do this.

The pagination should be visible at top and bottom, particularly if the page is long.   I think that is what your clarification is asking for...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 02:15:53 pm »

A hosted solution from Intermedia.net gives me a coppermine that has your codebase.  That codebase does not have the features I think are better...like having navigation at the top and bottom of the thumbnail page.  I do not have the ability to customize your codebase, play with configuration files, etc.  I think the interface should do this.
No, it should not. I already told you that crippled installs like the one you appear to be using are unsupported.

The pagination should be visible at top and bottom, particularly if the page is long.   I think that is what your clarification is asking for...
Yes, that was my question. I think that this request is valid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.