Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4. tools for managing users so that you can actually FIND a user who has a probl  (Read 3563 times)

vindog

• Coppermine novice

4. tools for managing users so that you can actually FIND a user who has a problem; i should be able to find a user by email address who emails me with a problem instead of having to send an email back to inquire about an account name, wait for the reply then go look. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:13:44 pm by vindog »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Has never before been asked (neither in feature requests nor on the support board), so I doubt that a lot of people would find this helpfull - yet another column in the user manager. But this is a matter of taste mainly. Could be accomplished easily. If you need it, ask on the support board (see "NO SUPPORT in FEATURE REQUESTS").
If you need advanced user management capabilities, you might want to bridge your gallery with a BBS that has those features or apply Stramm's buddy/PM system from his modpack. Coppermine is actually a gallery, not a helpdesk.
However, this request is not totally irrelevant - if a developer should feel like adding the feature, I would not mind. But frankly: there are imo more important features on our todo-list already.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.