Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems on the upload folders when using different upload methods  (Read 1989 times)

milohuang

• Coppermine newbie

Hello everybody, I recently had my Coppermine installed and had some problems on the functions.

1. It is any possibility that the registered users of the website can upload pictures to the folder I created inside the albums/ folder zinstead lying in userpics/.  When I use the FTP to upload the files, they can be stored where I want, but the users may not be possible to place the pictures to the right place.  It may create some structure problems of the website.

2.  If the first question was not worked out, can I be able to allow users to upload files using FTP (it seems not practical), or can I specify where the files go?

Thanks~~ :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems on the upload folders when using different upload methods
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 05:08:12 pm »

No and no.

After all, the location of the files don't matter - the human doesn't have to keep track of the location of the files - that's what the database does and what coppermine has been built for. Giving others FTP-Access to your site would equal an invitation to take over your server. Definitely a no-no in terms of security. Both your questions have been asked (and answered) often already - in the future, please search before posting (and remember the "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.