Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to customize "classic" theme to my specs, need some CSS advice  (Read 2954 times)

mrsleep99

• Coppermine novice

Hey everyone,
I'm customizing the "classic" theme to look how I want it. I'm interested in giving the main table "rounded" corners, or in another words, corners that are curved instead of sharp 90 degree corners. I know to do this I need 4 images (one image for each respective corner) that will be "super imposed" so to speak over the table to make it appear as if there are rounded corners. I also know I need to, naturally, add the CSS code to say where each "corner" will go. This is one of the many links I've been using to help me ( http://www.sitepoint.com/article/css-round-corners-boxes-curves ). It's after the CSS part that I get confused. What do I do? Do I add the <div class="bl"></div> etc. tags to the "template.html"? Do I edit something else?

Additionally, I was wondering if it is possible to make a search field on the main page and have it so it isn't required that users click "Search" to go to the search page/field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!!  :D ;D

mrsleep99

• Coppermine novice

I got the search field part figured out! Still stuck on the corners though

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Coppermine's core layout is table-based (which is considered to be deprecated and should be avoided in the future), so the method discussed in the article you refered to can comparatively easily be applied if you code a page by yourself. Applying the method they suggest to the table-based coppermine layout is much harder. I'm afraid that with applying extreme hacks to coppermine's core files you will not be able to use the method suggested in the article you refered to.
I suggest doing this in the traditional way (with less CSS and more "traditional" wrapping stuff into tables). I suggest looking at the functions starttable and endtable (defined in themes/yourtheme/theme.php) first.
As a first step I suggest you show what you already have by posting a link to your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.