Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Of Page Issues  (Read 2654 times)

RobAnt

• Coppermine newbie
Top Of Page Issues
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:15:58 am »

Hi,

I'm sure this must have been covered previously, but I cannot find any reference in the manual or on the website explaining how to resolve my problem.  Maybe I'm blind, thick or both.

Anyway,  some thumbnail gallery pages are longer than others, as I'm sure we'll all agree.  Pages 1 and 2 of a gallery might be a full page, were as page 3 might only have a few images.

The problem is, if users click the page number at the bottom of the gallery to continue to the next set of thumbnails, they are often presented with a blank browser - the only clue to there being actually anything to see is the scrollbar, which will appear to be a long way down from the top.  The top of the page, of course, being populated with the few remaining thumbnails.

How can I set things up so that each time a new page is requested, it automatically presents the top, and not some arbitrary blank space at the bottom?

I am using Coppermine V1.4.10 on my website at http://www.ramms.myby.co.uk/gallery.htm

Changing the thumbnails page by using these page numbers seems to keep the viewing position/cursor as it was in the previous page.  It is quite frustrating.

Thanks,
RobAnt
+
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:33:45 am by Nibbler »

RobAnt

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Top Of Page Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:18:22 am »

Ah Ha, I have resolved this issue.

I was using iFrame from my main website to call up the coppermine gallery into a frame below my header.

To resolve it, I simply copied the contents of the header and footer pages into new files within the coppermine directory, and used the Themes Header/Footer settings instead.

Once I'd created new buttons to reassign the links, all was hunky dory.

So, no doubt these posts can act as a helpful note for others.

http://www.ramms.myby.co.uk

RobAnt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.