Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reversed breadcrumb order for page titles? (SEO)  (Read 5958 times)

celebrienne

• Coppermine newbie
Reversed breadcrumb order for page titles? (SEO)
« on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:09 pm »

Hi there,

first things first - I've searched the forum, but didn't find the exact "modification" I want.

In order to make Coppermine a bit more SEO-friendly I'd like the page titles to be in the reverse order of the breadcrumb navigation:

album name >> subcategory >> main category - GALLERY NAME

I managed to put the "GALLERY NAME" on the last spot of the title by changing the code as it was suggested here somewhere into

Code: [Select]
'{TITLE}' => strip_tags(bb_decode($section)) . ' - ' . $CONFIG['gallery_name'],
Now all I need to know is where I can change the order of the breadcrumb navigation for the page titles. I'm not a PHP coder, but I understand that it must have something to do with the strip_tags - I searched the sample's theme.php for it, but couldn't find it anywhere else. Any suggestions?

(Sorry, if it's a question which has been asked 100 times before, but as I said I searched and couldn't find that specific modification mentioned here)

mark007q

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Reversed breadcrumb order for page titles? (SEO)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:58:08 pm »

I'm also very interested to solve this problem ... it would be very nice if someone knows the answer ? :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 06:22:24 pm »

Can't see how the breadcrumb navigation could have an impact on search engine ranking...

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:35:09 pm »

The question is about the page title, not the breadcrumb navigation.

Nothing to do with strip_tags, either come up with something to change the order in pageheader() or adjust the params for each page that calls it.

celebrienne

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 12:21:46 am »

@nibbler: Well, I think I mentioned I'm not a coder, so I just guessed it has something to do with strip_tags. Thanks for your tip though.

@GauGau: If you could change the page titles to show the reversed breadcrumb navigation the title would be more relevant to the content it shows. Let's assume animals are the main category, mammals the subcategory and lions another subcategory (yup, I'm sort of a category fanatic). If someone is looking for lions, (s)he is more likely to click the first example than the second (plus, most search engines cut the title if it's too long, so the most relevant keywords would be stripped off because they come last in the title).

Lions >> Mammals >> Animals - XYZ Gallery

XYZ Gallery - Animals >> Mammals >> Lions

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:48:32 am »

Did you read Nibbler's reply? The breadcrumb navigation is irrelevant in terms of search engine optimization. What you should look into is the page title. Nibbler already advised what to do.

celebrienne

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:55:47 pm »

Yes, I read his reply. I just called it breadcrumb order because the page title does have the same order as the breadcrumb navigation. I know I'm not supposed to change the navigation itself, but the page title. Thanks for your help.

thejake420

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Jakes Jokes - the largest joke site on the web
    • Jakes Jokes
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 09:46:41 pm »

Did you read Nibbler's reply? The breadcrumb navigation is irrelevant in terms of search engine optimization. What you should look into is the page title. Nibbler already advised what to do.
GauGau -

Although the TITLE tag is where this person should look instead of the less accurate term "breadcrumbs", the above statement from you is not entirely correct and may be taken as Gospel by many who look up to you as an expert of all things Coppermine.

However, I don't want to hijack this thread. Please refer to http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=45538.0

Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.