Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't upload photos to our gallery  (Read 2717 times)

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
Can't upload photos to our gallery
« on: July 21, 2007, 04:12:51 pm »

Hi everyone,

We suddenly developed this problem: no one can upload pictures to our gallery. This is what happens when we try:

("before")
[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked images with attachment "before.jpg" [/Edit]
("after")
[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked images with attachment "after.jpg" [/Edit]

I have looked over the database on the webshell...it's nowhere near full, maybe 1% full. The web provider says we should just replace our software. I really do not want to do this, because we are bridged to a forum and I understand there are problems when you have pictures in your gallery and try to do this. I don't think I should upgrade over an older installation that has a problem as that might not work. There must be something I can just fis, or a particular file I can replace.

I should say that last weekend we were "hacked" Someone wiped out our splash page, but did not seem to get into our PHP material (CPM, CPM Fetch, SMF and TP) or databases. So we had the board "locked" as a precaution, and then I had the web provider reset all permissions back to 755 after we had checked over the site. That was on 7/16. Please note our last upload was on 7/18...so I dont think this had anything to do with it, but maybe it did?

I am hoping someone will please point me in the right direction, regarding how to get our gallery working again. Members can view all the pictures, post comments, etc..... just not upload anything at all.

TIA
klew
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 11:37:39 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Can't upload photos to our gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:22:21 pm »

Make the edit directory writable. If you have problems uploading you should follow the upload troubleshooting instructions in the manual and post to the correct section of the support forum. Moving thread now.

klewless

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:05:33 am »

Fixed it. I had to call the webhost to do it, though....I guess because they were hacked they were not going to let me do it myself. It was like, banging my head against the wall all afternoon.

Klew

klewless

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »

Forgot to mention...

What seems to have happened is that on our particular server, the webhost must have been trying to prevent someone else from hacking the site. A lot of people feel that putting any PHP code on your sigte is asking for trouble. Trouble was, we have to let the group members, as well as CPM, have "write" and "exc" priveleges or nobody can post pics. So they did chmod the userpics folder itself, and yet members still could not post pics.

Just checking off the boxes in the "Albums" folder and the other folders mentioned wasn't going to do the job, since we already had all these user's folders in userpics. We had to get in there and chmod EACH ALBUM. We have 47 albums in there and they had to be chmodded one at a time...

I am guessing that anyone who joins our group and puts up an album in the future, will not have to be hand chmodded as well since we have taken care of the userpics folder itself. As long as that is set correctly, then anyone who creates an album under that dir has the priveleges set in the parent dir, correct?

Hope this makes sense to someone else who has this problem.

Klew

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:52:06 pm »

New folders will have the permissions you specify in config.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.