Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MYSQL error when batch adding  (Read 3002 times)

ukpbz

• Coppermine newbie
MYSQL error when batch adding
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:45:06 am »

Hi Everyone,

First post so be gentle please :-)

Coppermine looks superb indeed. However I am having a small problem.

I am running a Debian machine, latest version of Coppermine, Mysql is 4.0.24, apache is 1.3.33

I am trying to import 50 pics. They upload fine, when I go into batch add they all show up with thumbnails but when I hit add only 4 or 5 get the ok and I usually get a db error saying the user can't connect. When I check the mysql service I find its crashed and I have to restart it.

Anyone seen this and know a fix?

Thanks

Paul
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:14:00 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: MYSQL error when batch adding
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:15 am »

Check you are allowing enough concurrent connections. Server configuration help is beyond what you can expect form regular support.

ukpbz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 01:28:04 am »

Hi Nibbler,

Thanks for that.

Concurrent connections in the mysql config?

Cheers

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:54:53 am »

Yeah, max_connections.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:59 am »

We don't recommend self-hosting at all. As Nibbler suggested, we don't support issues related to initial server setup, that's why I marked this thread as "closed".

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:59:44 pm »

ukpbz by PM:
Hi GauGau how you doing.

I see you closed my request for support :-( Why is that? Just because you think I have my own server? In actual fact I have a reseller account with a virtual server so I don't own it.

How can I get coppermine to work if you don't help :-(

Please re-open it as its important to me

Cheers

Paul
First of all: don't send unrequested PMs to devs or supporters. Board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up) as well as my signature says so.

I see you closed my request for support :-( Why is that?
I have closed the thread, which means that there is no more discussion about this subject wanted from our side. In fact, the thread has just been flagged with a graphic that displays the word "closed", that's all. However, I haven't locked it, so you (or anybody else) could still reply to it. Sending a PM to be was absolutely uncalled for!

Just because you think I have my own server?
Nope.
In actual fact I have a reseller account with a virtual server so I don't own it.
It doesn't matter if you're actually self-hosting or are on a virtual dedicated server. It doesn't matter if you own the server or not. Technically speaking, you're self-hosting, which simply goes unsupported here.

As suggested, the issues are related to improper server setup. You have been told that we won't support you in this aspect. Seek support from somewhere else on the web, not from us. This site is dedicated to coppermine support only. We do not support people who want to set up their webserver in the first place. It's part of the minimum requirements for coppermine to have a fully operational and properly configured webserver up-and-running.

How can I get coppermine to work if you don't help :-(
Well, that's a pity - for you. I couldn't care less.

Please re-open it as its important to me
[sarcasm]
So what? It is important to you? But I already told you that we won't support you on setting up your webserver properly. There are things in my life that are important to me as well - mind if I tell you about them and you help me with them as well? If you don't mind, then come here and help me mowing the lawn, cutting the raspberry bushes. While you're at it: the pool could need some cleaning as well.
[/sarcasm]

As you can see, I'm really annoyed by your PM and the fact that you blatantly ignore all the rules on this board. That's why you got a rude reply. Review your attitude: we don't owe you anything - you owe us instead.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.