Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Issue with admin login..  (Read 3187 times)

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
Small Issue with admin login..
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:15:37 am »

ok, i had a failed bridging attempt, attempt to go restore it, it asked me to login, i used my pass/user correctly, kept saying i was wrong, so i tryed 2-3 diffrent combinations incase im going brain-dead, then it locked me out, so i waited it out, tryed again, locked me out for 3x the previous time, then waited it out, checked the mysql user database, made sure i got it right, and failed AGAIN, now im locked out for about 2-3 hours?! anyway to bypass this? :(

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Small Issue with admin login..
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:49 am »

where did you try to login ?
You should go for bridgemgr.php instead of login.php when you have bridge issue
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#bridge_manager_recover_start

if you have issue with your admin username/password try this:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33512.msg158620#msg158620
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 11:23:25 am »

You're being temporarily banned after a set number of failed login attempts for a set time. This is actually a feature to avoid brute-force attacks. You can modify the threshold both for the number of attempts as well as for the time you're temporarily banned in coppermine's config.

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:02:50 pm »

ty both, and yes, i realized it was that feature, but instead of 5 chances after it resets, it's 1 fail, and double the time each time.

and unfortunatly, this stupid bug changed my password to a very odd 1, which then in turn wouldnt let me use it, and when i disabled the bridging after bypassing the damn problem, it did something to the mysql of the forum, and the gallery, and corrupted them both :/ i tryed repairing it manually, and the repair feature, both failed, i had 0 access to the gallery or forums...

so im restarting from scratch... :( bye bye 3 months work, sigh..

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 12:39:34 pm »

Bridge system doesn't harm/touch your forum's tables at all !!!
Do as suggested here :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24032.0
and let us check the galley
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:57:32 am »

and unfortunatly, this stupid bug changed my password to a very odd 1
Definitely not. Be carefull when shouting "bug".

and when i disabled the bridging after bypassing the damn problem, it did something to the mysql of the forum
Wrong again: coppermine doesn't write to your forum's database tables no matter what.

i tryed repairing it manually, and the repair feature,
So I presume that what actually happened was database corruption. This is not being caused by any application (neither your forum nor coppermine). Usually happens when the server is being shut down unexpectedly, if the hard drive crashes or similar. Should be handled (and fixed) by your webhost and is (as I suggested) nor a result of an application running queries against the database. Don't draw false conclusions and blame apps for things getting broken. Database corruption and your bridging attempts happening at the same time can only be a matter of coincidence.

so im restarting from scratch... :( bye bye 3 months work, sigh..
This should teach you the importance of frequent backups both of files as well as the database.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.