Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find the Album Password Permission Drop Down  (Read 3460 times)

scrambled egg

• Coppermine novice
Can't find the Album Password Permission Drop Down
« on: July 14, 2007, 04:34:44 am »

I read the docs (below), but I cannot find the drop-down being referred to anywhere.  I think the docs should be modified to link to the exact location of the topic being discussed.

The docs say: Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to. Use this option, for example, to set up an album for your family members only by specifying a password that only they can come up with answering an additional password hint (e.g. "What was the maiden name of aunt Emma?"), or you could decide to send the particular password to specific friends, family or business associates by email. The optional password hint will be displayed at the password prompt, when set.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

scrambled egg

• Coppermine novice
Re: Can't find the Album Password Permission Drop Down
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 04:46:19 am »

By the way, I do have YES for my "albums can be private" in Config > Files and Thumbnails Advanced Settings, but I just cannot find the drop down referred to.  I did see that drop-down after installing v1.4.10, but it has disappeared after it was upgraded to v1.4.12.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:34:17 am »

Forget that drop down. Just put the password to the album of your choice from modifyalb.php page (i.e. Properties page of album).
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

scrambled egg

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:49:22 am »

Not as simple as that.  The registered users need to be able to password protect whatever albums they want to password protect, and my future registered users know almost nothing about php, or whatever, so they need to see a drop-down or something visual that will allow them to perform this function.  Otherwise, many of them will refuse to post albums/photos on my site.

scrambled egg

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 10:53:15 am »

This topic is CLOSED.  I should have posted this in the Permissions sub-board and not here.  Sorry.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 11:20:10 am »

Issue resolved?
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 12:35:58 pm »

This topic is CLOSED.
Moderators can close topics, you can't.

I should have posted this in the Permissions sub-board and not here.
May be true. But moderators will move your threads if applicable. Don't you start another thread on the other board - this would be silly and cause extra moderation effort.

Instead, if you managed to solve this on your own, resolve your thread by posting what you did for the benefit of others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.